Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Preparing a few Cases for Customers. Thank You. Enjoy

Preparing a few Cases for Customers. Thank You. Enjoy
August 28, 2022 01:40AM
Here are two of the Oak Cases being Prepared for Customers. I hope you like them. The prep work on tooling, notes, and details, have been extensive.

2ECA4EB4-E0F0-4A6C-BDC3-9EA4B72E17D6.jpeg

34AD7CA6-38FB-402B-A9BE-8ADE660D8A03.jpeg
6C6B8DAA-693F-4387-B572-1C146BD770F5.jpeg
August 28, 2022 01:46AM
Note the hinge fingers interlocked. Won’t be long now.
August 28, 2022 02:11PM
Funny, in the pic with the three raised Case parts, two of them are interlocked at their hinges. HOWEVER; the oxide and wood they are laying on, are the same color; and you can’t see the one set of hinge fingers on the Case Back! Hah. I’m sure you’ve wondered what I was talking about ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2022 02:18PM by barnespneumatic.
August 28, 2022 01:58PM
Note: None of these panels are polished yet. I put them up to show progress clips along the way.

I wanted you to note the crisp outlines around the objects portrayed. And the texture indications within the borders of the objects. As we’ve discussed before, I must use maybe ten thousandths of depth to portray the image.

When the multi-tone reflective technique is complete, you’ll have a mirror polished frame, satin backgrounds, and polished highlights. I think that looks nice.

It's a lot of details to play together creating a quality look. That’s not present yet in these photos. I hope you enjoy following the steps. You can see the efforts made to produce a small object which can become part of your families’ heritage. This goes with “Dad’s pocket knife”, Great Grandfather’s pocket watch, et al. I know the way we live today is different than it was. But we won’t keep “Grand dad’s iPhone 6”. It’s important to have small objects to hold and use and remember.

I wanted to say these things last night but I was used up for the day. I kept nodding off. I’ll keep posting progress. And include the other things I make, as possible. Pain makes a terrible Boss. Hope you enjoy the things I spend my hours on.

Best
Pop
September 02, 2022 04:04AM
Hello Gary,

The cases look fantastic! I did look again at the one pic as it seemed it was missing hinges just to realize as you stated; the metal is the same colour as the wood the cases are laying on.

Looking forward to getting my case. It will be impressive and a nice piece to show off and relate the story of it’s construction.

Hoping your health is manageable and you can focus!

Best regards,

Pedro
September 02, 2022 04:46PM
Thks Pedro,

Have had a season of headaches and Back torment. It’s been over the limit of “it’ll be alright”. It’s been “bench interrupting”.

Thanks for your empathy my friend.

Gary
September 09, 2022 04:34AM
I can identify with headaches. Not sure what made this season so different. Pinched a nerve in my back yesterday and suffered a sore neck all day, could hardly turn head to the right. I did see a chiropractor today and that really helped. He took the tightened muscles and able to get them to relax.

Still no idea why the migraines returned but hope to find out!

Wish you some good days so you can work!!

Take care,

Pedro
September 15, 2022 01:38PM
Guyz
I’ve never had a migraine but can imagine they are VERY debilitating! I can barely handle a regular headache.

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021