Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Thoughts, Plans .... Pushing the Daze pushingarock

Thoughts, Plans .... Pushing the Daze pushingarock
August 30, 2022 04:07AM
I’m aware I haven’t shown a variety of new things. And, I’m aware that everyone isn’t interested in things they aren’t interested in, just because I made them. Please keep a couple of things in mind, if you’ll do me a favor please. An example just crossed my mind. IF someone were a Professional Lumber Jack ... I mean competing for money prizes and titles.... Have you ever watched them wearing those Ankle Spikes like sharp Talons ... and carrying a chainsaw tied off on a rope. They hit a vertical pole running. Positively run up the pole, digging those Talons into the pole as they whip a slack leather belt ahead of them as they ascend. When they achieve desired height up the pole, they lean back against the belt, pull the saw to life, and in a growl of wood chips, they lop off a couple feet of pole top. Stop the saw and let it drop to hang on the rope. They gallop back down the pole. Hit the ground and slap a timer button. Remarkable.

If they threw double bit axes true. If they had balance on the log roll in the pond. If their Hot Rod Saw was a Beast today ... they might win Mortgage Money for the month and send a few hundred bucks to their daughter in College. Then ... Tuesday afternoon you’re sitting at a Red Light when a guy rear ends your truck. The collision gives your neck one heck of a jerk. It pinched the vertebrae and bruises the nerve bundle to your right arm. It will probably heal ... but it will be three months. There’s gonna be some sleepless nights til then. Not your fault. No matter. The people that follow the circuit check to watch you race up that sixty foot pole. The good folks you know at Church will pray for you. Your Parents will be concerned. Your best friend will mow your yard. But it will still be three months till you can lace your boots and actually it will be 6 months til you climb a pole. By then, the circuit is over for the season.

Thing is; your life has changed. The guys finished the circuit without having you at the meets, tournaments, and picnics. The trophies didn’t come in. Mortgage is late. Daughter is bummed at school. She wants to get a job in the evenings, for spending money. You want her to be safe at midnight, 700 miles away; and want her to study. As to yourself; when you answered the last three texts that you got from friends, you decided to be honest. You said that you were not yet back to prime fitness, and it was getting you down. The threads stopped. People don’t want to read your problems, they have plenty. They figure if they can write and check on you, the least you can do is lie and say you are getting better! But you feel like crap since that red light seemed to take forever to change to green on that Tuesday. Bang!!!!!! Crap. Healing is taking time you don’t have.

So you work on what you can ... keeping the lights on, paying bills, entertaining some; and trying to heal. The more variety you draw from the past, the better the chance to sell a product and allow time to heal. But, you still realize you will be a disappointment to everyone until you Sprint up that pole, or come upon a new thing customers love, that your body will tolerate. Until you get back in “that” saddle.

Such are thoughts on a Monday evening ...

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2022 10:53PM by barnespneumatic.
September 02, 2022 04:08AM
I think I can sympathize with you in what you wrote. Life isn’t easy and on the downs there are few that help you back up. Some have great intentions but never really help. They don’t really want to know all the details of your life and I get that, most are busy dealing with their own issues, problems etc.

The world has changed as well these last few years. As you mentioned previously, if the viewer, reader doesn’t experience something new from you, their interest goes else where.

Sadly how things have become.

Pedro
September 02, 2022 03:46PM
Insightful
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021