Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Update. Status. Projects. Weights

Update. Status. Projects. Weights
October 05, 2022 03:51PM
3E10E7F7-C334-455F-BD9D-C75B542CF0CC.jpeg

If you note the little guy pressing Iron in the header, and compare to our pic from Sunday morning ... you’ll see we are now about the same size. Compare to Kelly, and you’ll note I’ve lost about 8” standing. I’m no longer 6’3” tall. Don’t take my cane or I’ll sag another few inches. This is thanks to degenerated discs and the resulting Dual Scoliosis (front to back and side to side both). Consider the bone spurs busy fusing level to level, and arthritis packing the joints with calcified crusty stuff, and your handsome hunk has become more of a comical lump. I have mirrors. I see it. No use sugar coating the obvious mess.

And so we go on at flank speed. As best I can. I know that readers found me far more interesting before (based upon the 90% reduction in conversation and sales both). And that is a bit of a shame, because the brain is still ticking over with new ideas and the tools, attachments, notes, Dies, jigs ... are “standing by” waiting for commands. They still recognize me and have the desire to work to produce fine items.

I really wish I knew how to stimulate comments, pics, and stories from all of the hundreds upon thousands of items in the field, that Ive placed in 48 years at the professional workbench. Some are surely being enjoyed. I see a clip overlapping a pocket cuff at Church. I occasionally hear that a lady has enjoyed her Cuff or Pendant. But you’d never know by dropping into Rendezvous. I figured all that stuff was building a solid base for later years. Well Gents, later years have arrived. I need you to not see the old fossil and compare to what he was. He’s still here. Needs your interaction. Those droves of seventy year old men who bought anything I could produce when I was 35 ... they are all 102 today. They must not have kept up with modern digital communications because I don’t hear from them either. We all have our time. You will too. Just remember, when you are 102, remember to interact with the 68 year old who made all that stuff for you when he was 35. Just a “life note” we don’t share generation to generation as we used to.

Look up the page a few lines and note the number of posts barnespneumatic has made here. Whoooh. It would be fun to get more feedback and it would prompt yet more fun interaction. Thanks for reading. Can I humbly ask you to talk too. Haha.

Gary
October 05, 2022 11:07PM
Nice picture of you both.

It's a shame that your customers do not post the items they purchased or share in their use. Would be encouraging for you knowing that they are in good use and being enjoyed.

Sorry to hear that your have further complications. None of us are promised health all our lives and so sad to see your current state, golden years that could be so beneficial.

Hopefully something improves, you are in my prayers and thoughts often.

All the best,

Pedro
October 06, 2022 12:31AM
Thank you Pedro,

Prayer is what we count upon. Best we have.

It’s good to know I’m thought of. Thank You my good friend.

Ah. Supper has arrived!!!!! Yayyyyyy

Gary
October 16, 2022 07:45AM
Gary,
I'm on much needed holiday and finally had some time to check in. The two of you look good, despite your reduction in height!
I carry one of your knives with me everyday. Rarely I am able to get out to shoot.
Who knows, maybe there will be another deer this season.... If so, I'll be sure to post a picture.

Scott
October 16, 2022 01:24PM
Ah Scott,

Let me see what I can do about that. Both the frequency, moderation, and .... always love any pics we get.
October 16, 2022 05:26PM
Gary,
Lovely picture of you and Kelly. I hope you feeling better. Everything aches on me too these days. But what are you going to do? Getting old sucks. I hope you both have a wonderful Sunday.

Regards,

Karl
October 17, 2022 02:54PM
It’s always great to hear from you Karl. Thank you. Yes, time/aging is not for the faint of heart. I had expected to turn the pages more slowly. Hah. But every now and then a gust of wind will grab a whole handful of pages. I could adapt easier were it not for these gusts that change so much at once.

I’ve been fighting the aches and pains for many years now. But that last gust that brought Scoliosis into my life, was rude. Fibromyalgia, then add Arthritis. On top of degenerative disc disease. Then whip in the bent up mess of Scoliosis. Bake it all in and ... yuck! Nasty.

I’ve found that it’s normal for folks to expect you get/have/deal with just one thing at a time. He broke his leg. That healed. Now he’s good to go. But this stuff I’ve fought, really is like baking a cake. You mix in the tablespoon of salt ... but you don’t “remove” the cup of sugar. You beat in one egg ... but you don’t remove the sugar and the salt. It all stays in there. Boy ... this is deep stuff. Hah. Pearls of Wisdom! Pearl ... reminds me of Mosaic! I better get back onto those projects! They are gonna look nice!!

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 36
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021