Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Canada Caper why me

The Canada Caper why me
October 14, 2022 01:42PM
Hi Peter,

Kelly has checked on your Case Status so often she’s memorized the twelve place digit reference. It claims it’s been sitting in Canadian Customs for a month or more. I can see the discussions daily. After the morning slog where someone asked ...”What do you do with it?” ... they resume at 2pm. Today’s discussion ... “why does it appear to be empty?” Wednesday, they about shut the country down when it rattled while being moved. It was discovered (thru X Ray), that Marjory had placed her earring inside, lest she loose it after the French Wire hooked on her Mic cable and bent. Talk about an International Incident!

The Government Labs are still arguing over who’s Department is gonna get the contract to back engineer a duplicate. But they can only find one old man in the sticks of Florida who appears to be able to make one. Efforts to contact him have thus far been unsuccessful. They don’t know if the name is “Barns”, “Barnez”, “Barnz”, or “Farnsworth.” Once clarified they will see if he may be able to duplicate the highly detailed object ... and perhaps suggest a purpose which the original maker, “who’s identity is lost to time”, may have had in mind when the original was made....
Re: The Canada Caper why me
October 21, 2022 10:44PM
Agreed, it is a caper!

No idea why it is taking this long to reach me. I have a feeling it was misplaced by Canada Post who takes over for USPS once in our country.

Government labs, hmmm. Canada? Don't think you have much to worry about them.

Hopefully things get cleared up soon! Otherwise file an insurance claim and then it might magically appear?

Appreciate Kelly keeping tabs on it!

Pedro (Peter)
October 22, 2022 01:25PM
Kelly has been to the post office. They told her to wait “at least a month”. Our post office says it’s all in Canada’s hands.

The read out says “held in Customs Sept 27th”.

1E55F891-BA9C-4D2B-9827-5922C272FB50.jpeg

“Held in Customs”. Do you think there is a Special Detail of Guards?

I’m sorry Peter. It’s frustrating.
October 23, 2022 01:22AM
All good, no idea why they would hold the piece. You didn’t put any special “products” in the case along with the shipment? No flour, chalk dust? Suspicious substances?

Good to know that customs “knows” where it is. Likely be released soon I hope. Been wanting to show off the case once received.

Thanks for keeping me posted, appreciate it!

Pedro
October 23, 2022 02:14PM
Peter,

I think the fact that it’s empty really bothers them.
October 25, 2022 09:47AM
Pedro
Sorry you’re having such a hassle retrieving your package . It truly doesn’t make any sense.
I watch a tv show called “ To catch a smuggler “
It’s mainly airports but also customs . They don’t hesitate to just open packages and tape back up . I don’t know why they wouldn’t just open it if they’re THAT concerned.
Hopefully it’s not lost for you and Gary . It can be a job getting it replaced or insurance money .
Good luck my friend !

Ps: the cases are amazing .

Thanks
Kurt
October 28, 2022 12:40PM
Today, tracking on your Case says: The Item is Currently in transit to the Destination.

That sounds like progress Pedro. Yay.

Gary
December 04, 2022 08:50PM
My apologies, I forgot to comment that the case finally arrived. No idea why it took one month at Canadian Customs, very odd!

I will post pictures on a new thread post.

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021