Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Sterling Silver Escutcheon Plates

Sterling Silver Escutcheon Plates
February 08, 2023 01:09AM
Made with Hand Engraved Dies from the 1980’s.

10AAC7A8-13CA-4ECB-9C79-AB41B11DA94D.jpeg

7C7FFD59-8B54-41B1-B035-1A21847E4F7F.jpeg

Gonna look great!

Gary

Comments? Sure like the forum to perk up if we can. Thanks.
February 08, 2023 01:57AM
Nothing like a little bling to brighten one's day!
I'm impressed!!!

Scott
February 08, 2023 06:58PM
Gary,

Looks sweet! I'm sure the new owner will be quite pleased.

Karl
February 08, 2023 07:44PM
Wanted to show you some of the details that result in the efforts I build in.

This Escutcheon Plate is Sterling Silver. It’s been “Coined” in a handmade Steel Die I made during the 80’s. It has been “Riveted” to the frame of the Folder.

It all takes time. Too much time. But, I know these projects will outlast me. So I build them while I endure a whole list of painful issues. Enjoy them. Stick a note in with them if you are a Collector. Make it possible that future interested parties have real time details. Make sure they don’t get sold at Estate Auction in a Shoe Box of junk for $12.

You know, I’ve done my part to make my work escalate in unique value. After all, that’s a major point of “Collecting”..... YOU find yourself with access to something others may not. It might be that you just learned about an object. Didn’t have to be a treasure map quest. You read my forum. You saw something ten minutes after I posted an update on it. And “you” took advantage ... just like this buyer ... to snag it before it was even complete. Why would anyone do that. Perhaps because you’ve seen my work completed for 20, 30, 40plus years. And you haven’t seen junk.

Barnes “fights to work”. Listen and he will tell you that he feels “Screwed” by the long descending health glide path he’s been forced onto. If the group of Professional Docs. haven’t been able to stop the decent, then there’s only one place it all leads. Gary knows this. And he’s determined to make all he can. Please, as a friend; let him see the work that he has worked a spent a lifetime to develop, go into a pocket or a case that respects the efforts.

Gary can’t afford to sit on the couch of retirement. After 50 years in business, it sounds good some days. But the tools call. Tools he carefully made for a task and yet only used a few times. Many jobs can’t be done without specialized tools. But then, once made and used; there’s no factory for him to turn them over to. They wait idly to be used again.

Thanks for reading. It’s appreciated. Please watch for the advance hints and pics which describe the next project.

God Bless
Gary
305FCC1E-B1CD-4B73-883A-BFF3AD6C5BD2.jpeg
February 09, 2023 01:49AM
Very nice add on to an already dandy knife !
Nice job ... Bob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021