Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Saying Hello

Saying Hello
May 02, 2023 02:09PM
I hope you are all well. Hope your weather has settled down and is nice now.

I thought of a tool/simple machine, to help me when producing pendants and cuffs. It will allow me to be seated and yet hammer decorative edging on parts. My eye/hand coordination is fine, but my back doesn’t want to support my torso while doing it.

Has anyone been shooting? Any targets or blown up stuff to show?

I was blessed yesterday. While using my hand grinder, I finished a cut ... and while it was spooling down to stop, I managed to loose my grip. The tool twisted in my right hand and found the index finger on my left. It took the title of “hand grinder” seriously and plowed a groove 2” long the length of my index finger. Ooowwww. A grinder doesn’t “cut”, it removes a mess of material.
I was very glad to test knuckle and tendon, and find them working. I hit the peroxide, paper towels, and Super glue. I bonded a cap over the cleaned wound. I’ve been “fixing” stuff this way for quite a few decades. It should work again.

I’m also working on that beautiful mosaic folding 97. Stay in touch.

Please provide stories or questions.

Gary
May 03, 2023 01:27AM
Yikes I That sounds very pain full ! Reminds me of the micro second my
router bit got my index finger and thumb a chewing ! Got watch how the grain changes in a curve running a round over bit.
Hope it heals fast, be careful Gary.

Bob
May 04, 2023 02:29AM
Thanks Bob,

I appreciate the words. It’s healing. I’m cleaning and recapping it. It’s making skin. As you know, a wound like that just “removes material”, turned it to paste. I’m really lucky it hit how it did and didn’t stay another micro second. It’ll be good. It’s healing. Thanks.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021