Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: How do I price these two beautiful rifles I have

How do I price these two beautiful rifles I have
July 31, 2023 05:43PM
I can't post the pictures of the rifles because of file size and i don't know how to make it smaller. Can someone that is able to price these Gary Barnes .56 Cal Muzzle loaders text me and i can send them pictures. 860 992 2527. Thank you they are beautiful rifles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2023 07:51PM by CT-Airguns.
August 01, 2023 02:37PM
If anyone has a lot of knowledge about gary barnes rifles i need their help. They are Bison models .56 cal muzzle loaders

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2023 06:42PM by CT-Airguns.
August 16, 2023 09:27PM
Here are a couple of pics of the rifles
DSC02511.JPG
DSC02512.JPG
DSC02513.JPG
August 23, 2023 10:28PM
An exceedingly nice set of rifles. I’ll look up details. Please forgive, my health is poor. I’ll do it ASAP.

The rifles were ordered as a “Field Rifle” and a second “Collector Grade”

You have an exceptionally nice set of my Muzzle Loader PCPs. As with any muzzle loader ... “Keep Your Nose out of the Barrel”. Wink.

I’m trying to complete a great Mosaic 97 Folding Knife.

Best
Gary
August 25, 2023 04:14PM
Awesome thanks would love to know some details.
August 27, 2023 10:40PM
I have not dug into the filing cabinets yet. But let me give you some info I see and recall.

Now. Basic Stuff. You have one Rendezvous 56 and one Bison 56. The main thing that is required of the Bison Class is that is can easily produce over 500 Foot Pounds of Muzzle Energy. This isn’t measured with round ball, since Round Ball are always one of the lightest shapes per any Caliber. Pic a good hunting slug. Maybe a 450 grain etc. I recall that one of my popular 56 slugs was 650 grain.

Besides power, Bisons will also have more detail work and a full load of features.
Note one rifle has an On-laid Cheek Rest. That’s the Bison. Both of these fine units carry steel carving. This is often on the joining welds, clamps, etc.

Note the Bison here, carries a built on Cocking Lever. An easy uncouple from the lever rest, a downward sweep - up and over. It’s cocked. One smooth quiet movement.
Return the handle to its rest position and it easily snaps into the built in rest.

Note the Bison carries excellent Barnes Set Triggers. This feature alone should add $500. All parts of such a rifle are Barnes made.

Note the adjustable open sights. Such a rifle is capable of excellent accuracy. I refer to touching Cloverleaf holes at 50yds and about 2” at 200yds. with a good scope and shooter. It won’t be the rifle, if you miss. Haha. Bench rest front of foreshock and rear under the butt. Not in the middle of the gun. Never use a Concrete bench (they cause the rifle to bounce). Use medium firm sandbags. Practice slowly. Record what you do.

Ok. I’ll post this. Don’t want to loose this. Both of these are wonderful pieces. I’m still quite pleased with them. (You know that Artists are seldom satisfied). However: If these rifles are in new condition ..... ahhhh, I note the accompanying Casting Molds are with the guns. I’d suspect that also means the Sizing Die Kit is there.
For Complete Rifle, Casting mold, Sizing Die Kit ... I’d expect the Bison to be about $11,500.00 and the Rendezvous 56 to be approx. $7,500.00

Gary L, Barnes
Master Bladesmith ABS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2023 10:59PM by barnespneumatic.
August 29, 2023 01:09AM
That's a pair of beautiful rifles!
Have you been able to shoot them?

Scott
September 02, 2023 02:48PM
Those are beautiful looking airguns USA!  USA!
I can only imagine the effort put into the research and development of them . I think I’ve read magazine articles about them too . I know that there are not many Barnes airguns for sale out there so I’m sure they won’t last long if you’re still selling them .

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021