Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mosaic Story ...

Mosaic Story ...
September 20, 2023 01:22AM
30-35 years ago, I made a series of Beautiful Damascus Daggers. There was quite a variety, but under one family (Mosaic Pearl with Wire Damascus Blades, and Cold Spun Copper Ferrels - some heavily Gold Plated by Gary).

These were the last of my Grandmother’s years. She had a nice Town Home with an upstairs full Apartment. There was a large yard, garden, Garage, and a good Sized yard storage building (a barn design).

I honestly never could figure how the following transpired ...

My Mother was using the Yard Barn for accessory storage that Winter. Somehow, several boxes and trunks belonging to me ... got mixed into my Mother’s Inventory.

You think I can’t tie all this mess together, don’t you? Can too, Can too ...,

I did a Knife Show in the Fall of .... that year .... Ok, so I’ve forgotten the year ... but most likely “88”. The Christmas Boxes of decorations may have had a role in our story. To shorten this Chronicle ... AFTER the BITTER COLD WINTER (I mean sustained periods of 10 degree F. weather, a day came which required removal of some boxes and the replacement with others. It was then revealed that the Three Wise Men, had spent the Winter; armed to the teeth ... with Ornate Damascus Daggers. What a Scene. The Donkey was Scared and kept a Truely Mournful cadence. One of the goats stood atop the water trough. The Camels were months returning, and we were only later notified that we might collect them.

However: the Daggers ..... ahhhhh, the beautiful Pearl Mosaic Clad Daggers ... were .... Perfect!!! No Splits, no separations. No crumbled Matrix. They were perfect.

This is good stuff. Gary developed a Mosaic which moves with natural materials. And that’s special.

Thanks for enjoying the story.

God Bless,
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021