Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Pic from Dory - Woodsman XLT 62

Pic from Dory - Woodsman XLT 62
July 14, 2009 03:56PM
Mark sent in a pic, which I've formatted for the forum.

This is great carbine version of the Woodsman 62, with some high relief carving of a primative hunter on the stock. The billet pcs. are hard color anodized. I didn't have the gun for very long, but it proved itself to be a wonderful shooter in the range testing.

Mark_WoodsmanXLT62.jpg

Gary
July 14, 2009 06:55PM
Cute gun! That carving of primitive hunter looks three-dimensional.

That photo makes me want to shoot the gun...
July 14, 2009 08:03PM
cute? oooo that'll get some folks going LOL!

Elsewhere on here or on the glbarnes site are pics of this in production. Dont remember seeing one after it was complete, so this is way cool.thumbs up

Love the red ano......
July 14, 2009 09:08PM
Gary's Galleries Forum - 4th one down - Woodsman XLT/62

thumbs up
July 14, 2009 10:12PM
sez I'm not authorized to view that forum...... ?

Been that way all day.... cant get anything to work......confused smiley
July 15, 2009 12:37AM
... well - that's nutz.

Were you bad?

I'm not aware of any reason for that. PM Jim or Jerry. I just work here. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Gary
July 15, 2009 12:49AM
Don't ask me! I've not seen any way to "un-authorize" anyone from a particular sub-forum even if I wanted to. more confused
July 15, 2009 12:51AM
Oh great ... there went my last hope that SOMEONE was in control .... excited
July 15, 2009 12:54AM
You're not even going to wonder about "cute?"
July 15, 2009 08:12AM
I disagree with sepeteus. That photo makes me want to STEAL the gunsmoking smiley Can someone tell me where Dory lives?cooler
July 15, 2009 08:51PM
Well, I'm glad you live on the other side of the world then. Looks like I'm going to have to get one of those Fort Knox safes.Dory
July 16, 2009 12:38AM
Should be working now...

This was supposed to be under Jim's post. I think I've got the gallery fixed...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 10:48AM by Jerry.
July 16, 2009 07:49PM
Dory, I admit there are some logistical problems with my strategy. So in the meantime, congratulations on that fine looking piece!! thumbs up

Gary, nice work! take a bow

Regards

Neil
July 16, 2009 02:25AM
Oh Great!

Took us a year to even get Dory to admit he owned the gun ... and now you're spooking him back into hiding! knucklehead

winking smiley

Gary
July 15, 2009 10:23AM
Hmmmm . . . weird. I think Rotorhead encountered that once as well. Try logging out and in again and we'll see if it goes away.

Let us know if you can't get in . . . there are no "secret forums" or anything like that on this website.

-- Jim
July 24, 2009 10:50AM
I found that the forum generally works best when I remember my password. eye rolling smiley If somehow my bookmarks and password cookies get dumped, I'm stuck trying to remember the ones I don't use often. Yeah, yeah, I know. I should write it on a stickynote and store it securely underneath the mousepad like everyone else.
July 24, 2009 05:58PM
WELL ... I wouldn't THINK it should be hard to remember the Rendezvous passwords that you use a couple of times each day!!! whistling That would be UNLESS is were so LONG in between usage .... that you've lost too many little grey cells ... google eyes winking smiley

Write the stuff down. This isn't the nuclear football codes. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out If somebody gets past your gaurds cool smiley , your security grid shooter , finds your mouse pad, and actually logs onto Rendezvous eye popping smiley ... we'll take it from there.

grinning smiley

Gary
July 24, 2009 10:07PM
Guys,

Since this thread is about burned out, I thought I would mention something.

The picture behind the Woodsman XLT is a wood inlay picture. It's only the lower third of it, but that's all wood. Notice the woodsman cutting the tree down. Dory
July 25, 2009 09:07PM
I've always enjoyed seeing marquetry work. It's tremendously tedious to do. That's a great example you have there. thumbs up

Gary
July 25, 2009 09:14PM
I've run across fine and affordable examples of marquetry on just about every deployment I've made. Sadly, I always had a reason not to buy when I had the chance... opportunity lost. That's a nice piece you have there, I like the Woodsman theme too!
July 25, 2009 11:59PM
Jerry,

I was based in Germany twice, so I had the time. Dory
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021