Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Couple of new PCP actions

Couple of new PCP actions
August 07, 2009 06:33PM
Justice Actions 010.JPG

Two newly assembled actions in the shop.

Justice Actions 014.JPG

Both, bolt action 87 calibers

Justice Actions 005.JPG

One of the actions in it's unfinished stock. (The duct tape barrel clamp is optional!)

I'll get some field time in this weekend.

Gary
August 07, 2009 06:50PM
Sweet . . . I can see the targets a flyin' already. hot smiley You need to put a quarter or something next to the bolt to illustrate just how big those puppies really are.

Someone's getting a nice toy soon . . .

-- Jim
August 07, 2009 07:24PM
Cool!

Is one of these the action we saw in a earlier post? Jealous now.....whistling

didnt even notice the duct tape....

What's the length of the assembled rifle?
August 07, 2009 07:30PM
Differences between the two? I see one has a brass cocking stud . . . aluminum on the other? Looks like both have Weaver rails too. What else am I missing?

-- Jim
August 07, 2009 08:07PM
Jim/Dan

Different internals. Different power ranges. One's a Justice - one a Tundra model (insert later).

The Tundra will be inside 52". The Justice has a optional +5" to the normal Justice barrel length. It will be a couple of inches longer than the Tundra model.

They are both beasts. Tundra has a two stage trigger, and wears walnut. It will be blued and anodized.

This is a very nice Justice made with the new innovations developed since the last few were made. It will also feature an applied "twilight camo" cosmetic finish.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2009 08:10PM by barnespneumatic.
August 07, 2009 08:12PM
OK . . . I'm confused. Are they both .87, or just the Justice? And are they both smoothys? I'm assuming the Tundra is not. If I understand correctly, one is an .87 with a rifled Tundra insert being added latyer on, to be styled like a Tundra bench rifle. Hmmmmm . . .

-- Jim
August 07, 2009 09:27PM
Both 87's. Both smooth.

This Tundra will have the ability to launch huge lead, and also accept riflled inserts of various caliber. In this way, it will be even more unique.

Won't just be "styled like". It will be a Tundra Magnum. My smooth bore guns have proven themselves to the point where this smooth bench gun is valid, and a nice ... say ... 45 insert will be a sweet addition.

Gary
August 10, 2009 07:50PM
"Twilight Camo"?

got an example? Sounds cool......
August 11, 2009 01:58AM
Hello Dan,

Sorry - I missed this post.

Twilight Camo. I've had the pattern and colors in my head for years. Never had the opportunity to apply it. A combination of matte black, smoky blue, deep crimson, and with a highlight of teal. artist

I'll apply the finish as soon as I get the action tuned to my satisfaction.

Thanks for asking. take a bow

Gary
August 07, 2009 08:07PM
Very impressive gun! I love the big .87 bore, I don't know why, but I'm in love with the really big caliber bigbore airguns. And the .87 projectile is really BIG! Anything gets hit with it will GO down he..he.. Thanks for the pictures Gary!
August 08, 2009 10:32AM
I love that long barreled Justice; it sure looks as powerful as it surely is. would that extra 5 inches cause some additional power too (or is it mainly cosmetic thing)?

Impatiently waiting to see and read about field testing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 11:12AM by sepeteus.
August 08, 2009 07:19PM
Tantalising Gary!
Looking forward to seeing the finished article, and like sepeteus, waiting for the field testing...smiling bouncing smiley
And how's that Grizzly coming along??
August 10, 2009 07:57PM
The duct tape, I special ordered that. It didn't come in the twilight camo, so Gary is going to paint it to. Dory
August 10, 2009 09:03PM
Be careful what you wish for! laughing again
August 10, 2009 10:22PM
I believe, I will be protected by the Barnes perfection rule.. Dory
August 10, 2009 11:41PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021