Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Exclusive! New Pics added by Dory of the Justice 87 Twilight Camo Gun

Exclusive! New Pics added by Dory of the Justice 87 Twilight Camo Gun
September 03, 2009 02:35PM
It's been a rather painful week. My injections are worn out, and I must await my next appt. to re-schedule. A few things dropped from the clouds as well. But we've survived. I got the Justice 87 to the range yesterday....

Justice 87 047.JPG

Here it is on the table - during set-up ...
It's 55" long - thus the glove leather (literally) case stretcher. whistling

Justice.jpg

Here it is on the bench. I did the "Po-Boy" format on the tailgate this time.

Justice 87 055.JPG

I found it to be very accurate.

a_chrono.jpg

Found it to be quite strong too.

Justice 87 059.JPG

As I was chronographing, I could see the slugs flying off into the next dimension ... I decided to just stand a plank out there @ 50 yards, and see if I estimated correctly. The slug nailed it, paper punched it - and kept on going ...

And finally - no more teasing ... Here's the Justice 87 on the bench ... in it's full glory .... (center of pic).

range.jpg

Had a fine session. It ships today. take a bow

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2009 02:08AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Exclusive!
September 03, 2009 03:44PM
Hehehe . . . too funny. I like the midnight black camo finish. wink

-- Jim
September 03, 2009 04:03PM
That's the "Industrial Camo" Jim. take a bow

Gary
September 03, 2009 06:18PM
Using special new deep resolution high density de-pixellating technology, I zoomed in on that last shot and got a close-up of this new gun. Very nice, but I think I saw a small scratch on the left side of the barrel.......LOL!
You are a tease, Gary.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Cheers
Neil
September 04, 2009 12:43AM
Nah ... no scratch ... must have been something on the lens. whistling

Gary
September 04, 2009 07:10PM
To quote the judge from Caddy Shack, "wellllll... we're waiting!"
September 04, 2009 07:14PM
I suspect you intended that to be posted at the end .... works odd sometimes.

Yeah .... it's there, and he's shot it.

I've been working round the old Homestead here. Thought I'd check in.

Gary
September 04, 2009 09:27PM
Curious random placement of my posts...more confused

I'm sure Dory will be shooting until dark but he's taking pictures and will post them soon! smiling bouncing smiley
September 04, 2009 10:15PM
Yeah - me too. He'd never let us hanging .... winking smiley

Gary
September 03, 2009 06:57PM
So from the voluminous photographic evidence, we can now see that it has both a scope mounted on top, AND a buttpad...whoo hoo!eye rolling smiley
September 03, 2009 07:32PM
I'm guessing its the new active adaptive camo.....grinning smiley
September 03, 2009 10:15PM
Somehow a production snafu caused Midnight Camo to be applied instead of the Twilight Camo. Ooops!
September 04, 2009 12:39AM
Yeah ... I'm working on that. I started at twilight ... ended at midnight. Story of my life! wink
September 04, 2009 11:16PM
Here it is. Dory
Sept 4 09 005.jpg
September 04, 2009 11:19PM
Yeah, it had 20 screws in it. And my electric screwdriver was dead. Dory
Sept 4 09 006.jpg
September 04, 2009 11:20PM
In it's new environment. Dory
Sept 4 09 007.jpg
September 04, 2009 11:22PM
OK let's see who's looking real close. Dory
Sept 4 09 008.jpg
September 04, 2009 11:32PM
I can just make out from here that you don't have a scope and the cocking handle is not installed. And you don't like to put more than one picture in a post...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2009 11:42PM by Jerry.
September 04, 2009 11:38PM
Oh, the barrel is 5" longer than what I'm used to seeing on the Justice. wink

The twilight camo looks great. There is no way you're going to confuse that gun with some run of the mill gun down at the range! Have you got any closer pics? The pattern looks like it would be very effective against the vision of typical game animals.
September 04, 2009 11:42PM
Jerry,

Haven't got around to close up's yet, thought Gary would have some. Keep looking. Dory
September 04, 2009 11:59PM
There is one other detail that I am aware of but I may have an unfair advantage regarding the what and why. I'll leave that to others to note.

So, have you shot anything? Where's the scope and and what did you blow up? laughing again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2009 12:57AM by Jerry.
September 05, 2009 12:29AM
I wasn't allowed to take close-up pictures. whistling

Ah ... I'll guess! Oh, oh!!! .... ah .... it's far better than you expected?

Gary

Thanks for the post ...
September 05, 2009 12:36AM
I haven't got a scope yet. Not really a scope guy. Any suggestions. I shot it twice behind house. Isn't that loud. Of, course had plugs in. Doesn't really kick that much, long barrel, heavy, so that helps.

Will shoot more over long weekend. Dory
September 05, 2009 02:05AM
And that's it?

You shot it twice .... and no more dialog regarding this mystery thing you mentioned?????

more confused

Of course, if you had it in that lead sled - that's why you felt little kick. And, with plugs in, you'd have had to set off a stick of dynamite to be "loud". laughing again

Suggestion for the scope? Yeah ... Simmons 4X Turkey Federation Shotgun scope. About $75 at Walmart. Next stop would be Jerry's mega glass ... big bucks at some shop where the clerk wears a bush vest and speaks in a British accent. winking smiley

Gary
September 05, 2009 02:18AM
I didn't use the lead sled. Was sitting down shooting over a wheel barrel handle. Even though it's legal to shoot. I live in the back of a subdivision, don't want to possibly upset the neighbors. So didn't want a lot of shots.

The plugs do help a lot, I've already lost to much hearing don't want to loose any more.

It isn't mystery. Just, if your a Justice fan. Besides the longer barrel, oh and finish. There's one other thing that was changed from previous posted Justices.

I'll post some close ups next couple of days.Dory

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2009 02:31AM by Dory.
September 05, 2009 02:35AM
Actually, there are at least three changes I can spot in the pictures right now...
September 05, 2009 11:48AM
Nice pics.

I hope you took a pic at Twilight. You should only see a stock setting there in the sled. whistling

Gary
September 05, 2009 12:37PM
Twilight, The sun sets at 8:06 today guess I'll have to wait till then to see if it works. Dory
Just guessing here but isn't the tower just in front of the action different from I'm use to seeing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2009 07:57PM by Joe Hoover.
September 05, 2009 08:47PM
As we know, no 2 of Gary's are a like, most models though fit a general look. The .62 and .87 of the one I've see, had a rear clamp or tower. This was put in front of the action. And has Jerry said couple of other minor changes. The action was moved forward so we could put those humongous scope on them. And main support is a little beefier.

Just thought I would generate a little discussion. And not be mesmerized by the overall look.

Time to take some more pictures. Dory
September 05, 2009 08:52PM
Great looking gun!! congrats! I really love the .87 bore. With a bore this big, anything you shot, will go down he..he..
September 05, 2009 10:08PM
Well guys you can tell I'm not the best photo guy. But this is what I got for now. Dory
Sept 5 09 001.jpg
Sept 5 09 004.jpg
Sept 5 09 005.jpg
Sept 5 09 006.jpg
Sept 5 09 007.jpg
Sept 5 09 008.jpg
Sept 5 09 011.jpg
Sept 5 09 012.jpg
Sept 5 09 013.jpg
September 05, 2009 10:31PM
Good close up pictures. Barnes quality of the gun looks amazing! And yeah, the massive hole in the barrel looks pretty deadly!
September 06, 2009 07:34AM
Well, looks like Dory got himself sumpin' special!!take a bow
Congrats all round!
Cheers
Neil
September 06, 2009 09:33AM
Great lookin' gun! Simply amazing that "twilight camo" finish, and .87 cal muzzle!
September 06, 2009 02:10PM
Lookin' fine.

Dory didn't tell ya ... his beast is set up for 700 fpe. That'll leave a mark!

You need some 8" cinder blocks for targets Dory. thumbs up

Gary
September 06, 2009 02:49PM
Here it is, Twilight camo in it's natural setting, twilight. Dory
Sept 5 09 005.jpg
September 06, 2009 05:07PM
Where? Where? All I see is a stock sitting on a table .... whistling

grinning smiley

You're set for deer hunting now! WooHhooh!!! rudolph shooter with bench rifle

Gary
September 06, 2009 06:23PM
This gun would make spectacular kills on deer. I'd like to see someone take a deer with it, to see how fast it goes down. Due to its big, massive slug, this gun would be ideal medicine for moose, bison, and even big bear if it was legal.

And if you believed in Taylor's K.O formula, this gun has more killing power than the 5000 fpe .375 H&H magnum.
here is the formula: Velocity times weight times caliber (in decimal) divided by 7000= Value.
The .87 Justice shoot a 950 gr at 580 fps for a 700 fpe would have a Taylor's K.O of 68, A .375 H&H shooting a 350 gr at 2700 fps has a value of only 48. And just for a comparison, a 30/06 has a value of only 21.

This just to tell you the killing power of the big slug. If you're a long time firearms reader you'd know the Taylor's K.O formula. It's a formula that has been respected by biggames hunters for years.
September 06, 2009 06:53PM
Irregardles of formulae, there's not too many critters who can shrug off a .87" hole in their innards. I wouldn't feel too confident when it comes to bear however. They're extremely tough, and they tend to take things VERY personally when you hurt them. eye popping smiley
September 06, 2009 07:26PM
I understand big bears are extremely tough and mean, however just like archery hunting, I agreed, you'd need proper backup when hunting dangerous games with bows or bigbores.
September 07, 2009 08:53AM
Yes, I suppose that someday, someone will persuede Gary to make up a true double rifle (no, it won't be me). In the meantime, it's undoubtedly a very good idea to bring along a competent backup.Personally, I don't hunt anything that I don't intend to eat so bear is off the list regardless of what I'm using to hunt with.
September 07, 2009 05:28PM
I suppose sooner or later someone will shoot a brown bear with an airgun, it won't be me but if asked to recommend a gun to the insistent adventurer; I'd recommend the Dragon or the Grizzly! As far as black bear go, that should be no problem for a bunch of the guns Gary produces.

As far as a double rifle goes, well you better be willing and able to deal with a very heavy gun. Even using a titanium air tank and aluminum reciever, there would be an awful lot of metal to encase the air passages and make up the complicated bits that airguns need to work. I think it would end up being a VERY complicated, time consuming and thus hugly expensive gun that would probably never get used for the intended purpose; LION hunting! electrified
September 07, 2009 06:49PM
Hey - what happened to our buddy Roose? Remember all our discussions regarding a nice side by side snail double? take a bow

Yeah ... it's not that I haven't thought of a double. Not that I haven't mulled it over on the big screen between the ears. Not that I don't have the "switch valve" all mapped out. The problem comes with the meager number of hours in a day, and the youth I seemed to use up decades ago. Who knew? more confused I could use some of that snow sliding and rolling tire chasing energy right about now. tongue sticking out smiley

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021