Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Freshened up the targets

Freshened up the targets
September 17, 2009 07:21PM
Here are some steel targets that I have refreshed with a little steel brush work and some spray paints. The first two pics are of some heavy wgt knockdowns for the big stuff, 45 cal and larger. These take all the abuse and come back for more.

bigbore 1.JPG

Bobcats.JPG

This pic is of a swinging target we like to call Godzilla. It was the first in a series of woods walk targets set up along a trail in the woods. It makes a good ''thwaak" when hit and has a few dents and bends from same. These targets are partially obscured from view and at various ranges to keep things interesting. No need to reset these as they all hang from a rebar frame. Some of the smaller ones actually do a couple of rotations when hit squarely.

Godzilla.JPG

In the foreground is the Sphinx, also from the woods walk shadowed by a garden gnome and a rabid nutria from the small bore targets. The small bore targets are of a lighter steel and mounted swinging on rebar attached 4 to a 4X6 timber for ease of yardage changes. Just pick up the row of 4 and move to a new location. Makes mowing the field a whole lot easier than trying to extract rebar pounded into the ground. These small bore targets are for all the 32 and 25 cal as well as the lighter 45s.

target 1.JPG

Here's a close up of a small bore grizzly, not unlike Gary's rendition on the new 62. Sorry Gary, the 62 will have to miss this target or be loaded with marshmallows or I'm afraid the damage would be to great.

target 2.JPG

Hope to show you some of these targets in use over the next couple of weeks. Seems almost a shame to knock all that fresh paint off them again, oh well!

Kent
September 17, 2009 08:05PM
By Golly! I thought I was looking at a picture of the Grizzly stock! smileys with beer It's uncanny! How DO you DO it? thumbs up

Hey - if I tried, I'm pretty sure I could miss that target @ 100 yards! wink

Gary
September 17, 2009 08:26PM
Pretty cool targets! Must be a lot of fun to shoot them.
September 17, 2009 09:05PM
Great targets you have made Kent! You certainly won't get bored shooting the same thing over and over again. I'll bet you could make money selling those if the whole medical career thing doesn't work out. rolling happy smiley

BTW, another box of slugs should have appeared at the PO for you.
September 17, 2009 09:22PM
And I'll have you know those small bore targets are all freehand. I cheated on the bigbore stuff with stensils, your bobcats and my bears, fowl, cobra and mountain lion (not shown).

Peter, with Gary's guns it's almost as much to miss these targets, almost. We'll let you know how much fun with some pics soon.

Jerry, Kelli called to say boxes have arrived safely. Thanks for all the good work from SureFire Casting!take a bow

Kent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2009 09:24PM by Cajun Justice.
September 18, 2009 04:38AM
Kent,

Nice collection of steel!
September 18, 2009 07:47PM
Artistic targets you have there, Kent!

When you have guns which are functional art, you could not shoot whatever targets with those guns; you'll need targets which match with your gun, and those targets definitely do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021