Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Airgun seller remorse

Airgun seller remorse
September 30, 2009 09:36PM
I've sold a few prized airguns and have regretted ever since. The most memorable one is the .50 custom airpistol, it put out 300 fpe and has 2 full power shot and one finishing shot and is accurate. I bought it for $700 and sold it for $900, but the main reason I sold it was the belief that I would get another pistol in 12 guage with 500 fpe. Well, the builder went out of business because of family and finance problem, and that left me hanging.....with no super powerful airpistol. I love powerful airpistol and miss it greatly. I even tried to email the buyer and told him that I would buy it back if any chance that he got tired of it in the future and would sell it back to me, no response from him, he must have thought that I'm a "weirdo" he..he.. Well I had to tried, because I know it's next to impossible to find a custom builder to build me a super powerful airpistol like that again. It's been killing me ever since he..he..

Any of you guys have similar experiences?
Re: Airgun seller remorse
October 01, 2009 02:09AM
Well, I'm sure that sort of thing happens often.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were capable of waiting UNTIL we reached our next goal, before letting go of our last. But ... we're always sort of like old "George of the Jungle" ... letting go of the last vine and jumping for the next. excited

haha.

Gary
October 01, 2009 05:49PM
I think I'm a little bit the opposite to you, Peter. I have 5 guns at present (4 big bores) and I'm likely to quit one of them soon because it simply doesn't get used anymore...too much to do with the others and too little time! So when it does go it will be for a reason and with only a twinge of regret. I think I've only sold 4 airguns in my short airgunning life (about a decade) but each had had its time and better was to come, or more likely already had!

Regards

Neil
October 02, 2009 12:19AM
You're right Neil. As for me, I only feel regret on the one of a kind one, the one that is hard to get, and might have to wait for a long time to get one that IF there was a custom builder willing to build it for me. As for the replaceable ones, I wouldn't care as much.
October 02, 2009 11:01PM
I've been more afflicted with buyers remorse. I'm horrible at actually getting off my butt and selling the guns I never should have bought. I managed to get rid of a Korean .22 that was terrible but I still have several guns that I never shoot. And no, they are not collectors items that must be protected from exposure to air!
October 02, 2009 11:21PM
Well, after you've been spoiled with Barnes guns, everything else is less desirable to you Jerry he..he..
October 02, 2009 11:38PM
Yeah , that's true to a certain extent but that's not really what I meant. I've got several non-Barnes guns that I enjoy shooting (but far fewer than before I got the Barnes guns). I like my Monsoon and I like the Walther lever action, and I like the Drozd from time to time as well as the S&W pistol and on fewer occasions I actually shoot a couple of the springers.

The "custom .308 Condor" never gets shot anymore though and the Korean .25 is nothing but a test bed and the lower quality springers are just there for the kid's friends to shoot...
October 03, 2009 12:05AM
I know, I was just teasing you. As for me, I love all my airguns, admittedly, some is more than others. However, it seems each is different, serves its own purposes, and interesting in their own ways. Maybe, I'm an airgun "freak" I don't know he..he..
October 08, 2009 07:21PM
peter-n Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know, I was just teasing you. As for me, I love
> all my airguns, admittedly, some is more than
> others. However, it seems each is different,
> serves its own purposes, and interesting in their
> own ways. Maybe, I'm an airgun "freak" I don't
> know he..he..

I think we all are, Peter (airgun freaks, that is), or we wouldn't be here talking about them endlessly, like addicts talking about their next fix grinning smiley Not that I have any experience in the latter......spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Cheers

Neil
October 07, 2009 08:41PM
same same but different , theres a farmer near me , and he has never sold anything he has ever bought , and , i really do mean anything, he has tractors that run on petrol parrafin , cars that have running boards , trailers that still take horses , and the likes , right up to moddern stuff ,
its just his way , its quite an interesting place to look round though . lots of sheds that dont get opened very often.. now , i will also admit , theres a lot of junk there too.
October 12, 2009 06:05AM
I had a minty Super Grade Model A Sheridan that I sold around 15 years ago. Very high quality and hard shooter. Wish I could buy it back for the $450 I sold it for. Absolutely no comparison to the more recent Benjamin pumpers...

benjamin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021