Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Short Movie - Barrel Straightening

Short Movie - Barrel Straightening
October 13, 2009 02:13PM
Couple of weeks ago, I was going thru some barrels, and used my pocket camera to record one spinning on the lathe after the process.

Gary

Sorry for the bust here . I left this up to ask for info. What's up with Photobucket now? Every time I go there, I can't get out of it. It freezes my screen. And, while there, after viewing the linked movie ... it offers my entire Album for view (anybody want to see a bunch of videos of my grandkids?) ... AND ... it now offers RELATED videos stored on Photobucket. Such as ... since I titled this "Barrel Straightening" ... it's RELATED videos included some vulgar mouthed teens video taping someone "Straightening" some girl's hair! So - have they succeeded in ruining Photobucket too?

Jim ... Jerry ... what's up? I have a short movie I wanted to link ... but this is odd and annoying.

Thanks,
Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 02:31PM by barnespneumatic.
October 13, 2009 04:35PM
Gary,

I've uploaded video directly to the server that hosts this site, you may want to do that.

The commercial hosts want to keep you there as long as possible so they make video suggestions based on the search criteria. For example, today I was looking at videos of hair straightening when I stumbled on your barrel straightening video. What a co-incidence. typing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 04:36PM by Bigbore.
October 13, 2009 07:48PM
barnespneumatic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> odd and annoying.

See, Gary has met me.......or you've been talking to the Missus.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 07:50PM by dan_house.
October 13, 2009 09:16PM
Gary,

I've noticed that PhotoBucket has changed it's look and service. I noticed after posting the medley video that it offered a choice of related videos (mine) instead of the old replay option.

There's not much to be done about it though. They are trying to make a buck and getting folks to hit their pages and be exposed to advertising is their business model. The only way around it would be to buy a ton of server space and host the videos native to the site. I expect that you've spent more than you care to on the site server as it is.

Personally, I might try using YouTube in the future. They do the same things with related videos and such but at least they also host a portable device friendly site that allows video to pass to handheld devices. PhotoBucket requires flashplayer which Blackberries can't run due to processor demands. Every now and then I might want to check or show a video but I can't unless I'm at a home computer...

So, no help here. If PhotoBucket is no good, every post with a video on it will either lose the video or have to be updated to another host.
Anonymous User
October 17, 2009 02:06PM
Check your page set up, I had to change my picture album from group to private. After doing that It would only show the picture I posted, might be the same for the video files.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021