Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Mining old Pics

Mining old Pics
January 13, 2010 04:59PM
Every once in awhile, something comes up that makes me go back through some old materials. I pulled a few pics I thought some of you might get a kick out of seeing.

Gary_pistols.jpg

From Standing Stone IV ... Kentucky. The Chaparral 25 and the Hoss 45 pistols.

dueling_pistol.jpg

A very, very early 45 caliber pistol. Probably from 97. Rear hammer bolt action.

hunter2.jpg

Some follow my knife career. I made this for a friend, a number of years ago. Wire damascus blade, and stag he had harvested.

hunter3.jpg

Close-up of the blade steel pattern. The natural result of hammer welding the wire bundles making up the high carbon blade.

Julio_Yukon.jpg

Julio shooting his Yukon 58 at SSIV I believe.

Yukon.jpg

The same Yukon, when new ... during range testing.

71.jpg

Target I shot during that range testing of the new gun. Shot with the mounted Simmons 4X Turkey Federation Diamond reticle shotgun scope.

Hope you enjoyed seeing some older pics. The Reader

Gary
January 15, 2010 02:33PM
OK ... so, I've learned there's no interest in old pics.

Thanks,
Gary
January 15, 2010 04:39PM
Gary, not true! Been a little rushed these final days of the holidaysHelp! (as perhaps many others have) but under control now and able to linger more here. Any pics of your work, old or new, are much appreciated! There will be much sadness if they remain archived...Even sadder
Cheers
Neil
January 15, 2010 06:20PM
Hi Neil,

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2010 07:57PM by barnespneumatic.
January 15, 2010 08:22PM
I had tagged onto the bottom of my comment to Neil. I decided to change that. I didn't want Neil's comment to have to carry my baggage ...

And, I realize my whole appeal for comments is as useless now, as it's always been prior. But, it always makes me want to scream, when the rational for "not commenting" is that everyone is busy. Anyone who is reading this, or any other post here, has "Already" taken the time. "Already" been here. "Already" read the new materials. The only thing there's a lack of time for, is posting a smilie or a couple of words. It literally takes seconds. I just don't buy the "time" thing. I'll always clarify the notion that expresses the idea that I "expect" people to neglect their life and come present themselves here. Hardly. The point I've made a thousand and one times is that: once they've already come here for entertainment, and enjoyed themselves with the work done by the few who post; the idea that posting a couple word comment is a burden, simply baffles me. When I see a new post stand, with the number of reads going up, but without one single comment ... I find it hard to believe. This is one of those "Whatever" moments. However; it effects my desire to post pics and video ... and does the same with others. So; I've said it again.

Gary
January 16, 2010 12:32AM
You artist types . . . having someone see the work isn't enough. You have to SEE somone seeing it. wink

-- Jim
January 16, 2010 02:59PM
Now Jim. When you give a gift .... you insist upon being out of the room while it's opened, and never want to hear a peep from the gift-ee .... right?

whistling
January 16, 2010 03:04PM
Thanks Peter. They are fun - especially the powerful ones. thumbs up

Rotor. That's "wire damascus" ... it's an old blacksmith's exercise in forge welding wire cable. It produces a unique "snake skin" pattern. Makes a really quality blade with the correct materials.

Gary
January 17, 2010 09:32PM
Those "old" pics and about a gazillion others are available via the old index link on another post. If you're looking for about 20 hours worth of airgun material that covers unique guns, I advise you to check it out. Grab some coffee.. coffee
January 15, 2010 11:54PM
I love those gorgeous pistols and have always been dreaming of owning one. You look cool holding those pistols. Thanks for the pictures!
January 16, 2010 07:36AM
I don't think I'd seen the pics of the blade before. I like that pattern for the steel, it's quite detailed without being too busy. So many of the super-complicated damascus patterns they use these days look so minute that you need a pair of reading glasses to see anything.

oops, almost forgot the smileynerd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2010 07:37AM by rotorhead.
January 20, 2010 06:14PM
Gary,

Just saw this post. I try to comment when I'm here, so I won't give you my excuses for not being here.lipsaresealed
I could look at your knife and airgun work for hours....until my eyes pop out!crazy
Please keep the posts comingsmiling smiley
January 21, 2010 12:53AM
Thanks Scott,

Please, don't damage yourself. I am, however; glad you enjoy the posts. Green bowing

Gary
January 22, 2010 04:22PM
wire damascus is spectacular , but that chaperal allways looks clean simple and stylish.
January 31, 2010 04:09AM
i remember that picture being taken. That was a great weekend, except for some trouble makers.That Yukon was and still is a BEAST. smiling smiley

Rick
January 31, 2010 04:57AM
Good to hear from you Rick.

Hope things are going well for you.

Yeah - that gun always brings out the smiles.

smileys with beer

Gary
February 07, 2010 03:54AM
As alway great pics great looking guns, sweet knives. Do you have a special spot for more knive pics?

As i only type/peck with one finger i'm slow on posts.
Joetyping
February 07, 2010 01:50PM
Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting.

No - sorry - the knives are scattered here and there. My knife career was pre-internet, and I've never digitized the whole lot of them.

Make sure you exercise that single typing finger you use, to keep it healthy. wink Hey - that isn't also your trigger finger, is it?

thumbs up

Gary
February 08, 2010 12:06AM
Looky what I found! A pic of four people shooting Barnes airguns all at once. This was at Cup O Joe. It shows from far to near Chief Justice 87, Lon's 32 Delta Mag, Chaparral 25 and Victory 32. I'll claim the kids Emily,Kyle and Amanda respectively. I'll let everyone else give their own shout out for themselves if desired.

Shooters.jpg

Kent
February 08, 2010 07:34PM
That's me in the black T-shirt talking to Jerry's son Chris, I believe. Looks like I am muzzle-loading the Alpine 45, which I brought in that monster flight case taking up about 1/2 of the picture. scared Also present for duty was the Scout 45 (still a muzzle loader at that point).

-- Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2010 07:35PM by admin.
February 08, 2010 07:19PM
Looks like Kents cooking up his own shooting team. Gonna have to watch out for that bunch!shooter with bench rifle
February 08, 2010 10:47PM
Kent's got them well trained too. When anyone can't cock their rifle, we ask Ms. Emily for help! She's got the technique mastered.

I believe I was "holding the targets" during this pic. eye popping smiley

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021