Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Content "lost in space" alien

Content "lost in space" alien
January 15, 2010 12:03PM
Guys:

I've been doing a little digging around the glbarnes.com site proper. Still many years' worth of amazing, valuable information on there, but it's not easy to get to these days.

Here's a link to one of the original "grids" from a couple years ago now -- shows a lot of info on many of the historical models, discussions on accuracy, shots-per-fill, philosophy, you name it . . . The Reader

[www.glbarnes.com]

Thought this might spark a bit of discussion, as I've throughly enjoyed reading through some of the older materials. Amazing that all of this different stuff comes from one dude in New Windsor. thumbs up

-- Jim
January 15, 2010 03:00PM
Jim,

Thank you much. I've been through what I thought was the entire site (all the links I came to from the grid that was up when I started coming around), but there's a lot of stuff here that I've never seen. I love looking at all the different designs and shapes. A lot of food for thought. I especially like the Southwest scout and the chameleon. Two very unique guns. Thanks for taking the time to put this up, now I'll be over there reading and not posting instead of reading here and not posting (now it's time for a smilie!) eye rolling smiley

Griffin
January 15, 2010 04:50PM
Thanks Jim, like I didn't have enough to do! Better get reading I supposeThe Reader
Cheers
Neil
January 15, 2010 10:03PM
Thanks for posting that Jim. There is so much great stuff there that it's important that it not fade away. Gary keeps moving on to fresh ideas and the site could become a job in and of itself if he had to go and re-catalog and link all those pages.

For those of you who have never encountered "The Grid", be very careful! There are links that lead everywhere! You might be assimilated. assimilate

Ha! Perfect smiley usage. Green bowing
January 15, 2010 10:10PM
Yeah ... I've had people popping in and out of the shop all day, with confused looks on their faces. google eyes Those links are dangerous!

Gary
January 16, 2010 07:08PM
Good Heavens!

No wonder I'm tired and nearly used up. I just clicked around a bunch of those links.

I have no idea how to ever assemble all of this stuff so it can be found. However; I guess the fact that it remains at all, is good.

Hope you enjoy it. Remember ... the links to $450 Barnes rifles you run across ... are INVALID! More sad

Green bowing

GAry
January 16, 2010 08:43PM
Well thanks guys for burning up half my Saturday! hourglass I've been reading all kids of stuff and following links everywhere. I even learned a couple things along the way. scholar For one thing, the Bushnell 6-18 scope on my Woodsman is the most photographed scope of all time! Going through page after page of range tests and new model photographs, there can be no doubt. No wonder Gary's been looking for a decent scope since he sold me the Woodsman, that Bushnell tested out a bunch of guns and is still going strong.

I also saw that the Gulf Coast finish has been done in black. That makes me wonder about other colors.... wink

I did manage to shoot about 30 rounds today. It took a while but I noticed that my groups were opening and that the target and reticle were not both in focus. Another idea! Apparently, someone decided to adjust the diopter on the scope. A quick adjustment and the last three shots all went into one nice little hole! sunny All is well again!

So, back to the net...
January 22, 2010 04:29PM
the grids were deadly ,,,, cold coffee , telly just making white noise and bleary eyes follow after looking in the first box ...
cos then its the second third and forth ,,,,, opps , three thirty in the morning , where did that many hours go .
but some really great reading , the pics are fantastic too , i still use one of the bion steel carving hi res pics as a desktop background , its insperational .
thanks for the pics the work and the reminder that patience will pay dividends in the end.
great stuff gary on many many levels.
January 22, 2010 05:49PM
Thank you sincerely Tom,

I got a good chuckle out of your "telly making white noise" ... description. Really glad you enjoyed the materials. smileys with beer

Remember to take a sandwich, next time you enter "the GRID zone". take a bow

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021