Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Now this is a towertake a bow

Now this is a towertake a bow
February 01, 2010 06:32PM
I thought I'd post a pic from our home school field trip for everyone not interested in airgun shooting.

This is the family, you know where we are!

Pisa family c.jpg
If Gary and Jerry don't get some help with posting on this site, I'm afraid they may climb a tower. Now they have finished renovations and will let you get to the top, but they won't allow airguns. Go figure!

Home soon,

Kent
February 01, 2010 08:04PM
Pisa_family_d.jpg

Here ya go Kent! That looked dangerous!!! eye popping smiley

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I mentioned you yesterday - wondered what you guys were up to. Looks like a better field trip that I recall. We went to the mint (where they make the monopoly money). Hey - I see what you are doing. You're spending it all before Italy won't accept dollars anymore. Another idea! Smart move!

thumbs up

Thanks for checking in.

Gary
February 01, 2010 11:26PM
Boy oh boy, we never got to go on field trips like that! We got to go places like the pumpkin patch and junk like that (not that I wasn't stoked to get out of the classroom).

Maybe they figured if there was a tower like that around kids like me might drive the teacher to find the top of it! Who knows.

Great job on getting the kids out to see things, the more stuff like that (culture, art,etc.) they can experience the more well rounded they'll be. (You too probably). Plus, you want them to like you in case they ever have to take care of you some day.
February 02, 2010 03:49AM
I didn't get field trips like that either. Probably because I wasn't smart enough to fall off the right side off the tower... rolling happy smiley
February 02, 2010 04:30AM
Kent,

What a trip! Definately at the top of my list of places to see.scholar

Lon
February 02, 2010 02:11PM
Ah Lon ... "New Windsor, Maryland.?" whistling

winking smiley
February 04, 2010 11:06PM
well done gary , it tok an engineers eye to sort that out ,,, well done blackpool ,,,lol
February 05, 2010 01:55AM
February 05, 2010 02:44AM
I hope there's no ice there, they'll all slide off the screen!
February 07, 2010 04:30AM
Any museums with antique air rifles ? shooter

Joe
February 07, 2010 02:06PM
HI guys!

My little pad I bought just to keep up while on the trip locked up. So I've been blind!brick wall

So to try to repost my prev reply.

Gary, now you know why the didn't have you renovat the "Leaning Tower of Pisa" or it would now just be the "Tower of Pisa". I again reoffered to show any of our Italian airgun friends how to post to no avail. Lastly with the current exchange rate the EU is trying to take all the dollars they can. One cute way is to charge non EU members Adult prices for all their Children visiting the museums. It didn't stop us from visiting every famous "money changer's" mansion filled with artifacts and art work stolen from every corner of the world. Many were just transported down the road to it's new home. Of course many of the busts were decapitated of the original Romans head to be replaced by the new owners head in marble. Guess if you had the money you could hire that days version of Photoshop!

We had a great time! Rome, Naples, Pompei, Herculainium, Florence, Pisa a real whirlwind tour. It really opened the kids eyes to a small piece of the world. Anyone who talks of the US needing to be more European, need to take a little time and visit where the grass seems so green.Green bowing

Were back, back in the U S of A.USA!  USA!

Kent
February 07, 2010 02:19PM
Welcome home Kent! We Need You! Hey - have you picked up a bit of an accent??

Sounds like a great trip. Hey ... when I was in Pompei in "66", I lost my pocketknife ... you didn't happen to find it ... did you? Small slip joint ... blue handles ... can opener??? winking smiley

Hey ... what do you really think of museum management ... hahahah laughing again

Glad you're safely back.

Gary
February 07, 2010 05:56PM
Welcome back Kent! Yup, there's nothing like going someplace else to see just how good it is right back here! USA!  USA!
February 07, 2010 11:36PM
Gary I didn't find your pocket knife but when we went through re-screening in Atlanta the TSA did find the knife that had gotten into the carry on bag. It had gone through screening in Rome twice without being found. Now I'm not sure if that makes me feel worse that they missed a 4 in blade twice or that we're still taking off our shoes but, even after the "underware bomber", no one asks to see my favorite boxers!

I almost dare not tell you but they let me run the knife back to the Delta counter where they happily found a box for me to add it to my checked bags. No it wasn't a Barnes but a $30 survival knife with a little flashlight and get this, a magnesium fire striker, Opps! Had they seen the fire striker, I might have needed my "Don't Taze Me Bro" T-shirt! electrified

Now don't think the flight was without frustration. To start the process we had to repack at the ticket counter because one of the bags was 8 lbs too heavy. Weights Now before you think we were tring to get one over on the airline, there were five ticketed passengers with only three checked bags. By my calculations that means I could have traveled with another 80 lbs in the two bags we didn't bring. For that matter, my son could have been stuffed in the cargo hold and we still could have been under the total weight!

Kent
February 08, 2010 12:40AM
It's really comforting that everything is in perspective when you look at the details. 3 bags - 5 tickets. And one bag is 8 pounds heavy. Sure. And, they take my custom knife (which I offered to pay someone $50 to send to me) ... no deal. Glad your $30 knife made it. And, the panty bomber gets to lawyer up while they strip down Grandma. And, I just dragged my buttstock in from the shop, while the big game is going on. After having the lead pot on all day (waiting for a bunch of gremlins to get out of the mold I was making) ... I decided to cast a known mold on a new handle. And, of course ... it didn't line up right. The hip said bag it.

Hey Doc ... I have the pre-whatever you call it tomorrow ... to beg for some quick injections. Wish me luck, or I might have to hop a plane to Miss.

Gary
February 08, 2010 02:14AM
Hey - guess what ... the game didn't start at 8 pm. Duh. Guess I need to get out of the shop more. knucklehead
February 08, 2010 02:26PM
Come on down, the needles are all sharp and I'll even warm them for you. No sedation requiredinjured, In and Out service if you recall. Almost drive thru!wow

Kent
February 08, 2010 07:15PM
Gee, that sure beats driving to Grandmas house for a winter vacation!
February 08, 2010 10:49PM
Don't tell me ... there's somewhere "deeper into the wilderness" that you drive to grandma's house? Snowman rudolph fish hot smiley
February 09, 2010 07:07AM
Actually, my grandma lives almost 4000 miles away in New Mexico. It's a bit of a drive. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021