Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Thanks Jerry and Jim

Thanks Jerry and Jim
February 05, 2010 02:12AM
They did some good work putting up the new cartoons I drew. Jerry did a fine job of reducing them, and clarifying them - organizing the files, and making sure they were titled to work well. Much appreciated guys.

Now - we also have a boatload of relatively new smilies. I hope you will all enjoy placing them on your comments, like ornaments on a Christmas tree!

Gary

Quote: "There's nothing like a well placed smilie". GLB 2-4-10
February 05, 2010 04:59AM
The new smilies and the cartoons look pretty cool! I like them.
February 05, 2010 02:14PM
February 05, 2010 05:29PM
eye popping smiley Hey, don't look now ... but there's a gunship about to take out your smilie (above) in the straw hat!!!

grinning smiley Gary
February 05, 2010 08:06PM
February 05, 2010 09:30PM
February 05, 2010 11:42PM
great work !!wow

I want the gunship to be a smilie !!!!

On another note, good luck with the weather Gary, looks like your area might get slammed !!!!

I am supposed to be flying home tomorrow....that now seems like a pipe-dream target plane
February 06, 2010 12:30AM
We are getting slammed - you are right. It's snowing/sleeting at the same time here. I've been shoveling a path to and from the shop as I come and go. The stuff weighs a ton and is very sticky. Great if you want a five ton snowman ... Snowman ... and you are 15 again.

Hey - I was wondering if everybody on the forum was out of the country at once. You haven't seen Kent, have you? After Italy, he could swing by Mexico. Keep an eye out. Guess you are on a home school field trip too. Seemed Hawaii was the "IT SPOT" for awhile there. Actually, when you live in New Windsor ... everything else is ... just .... somewhere else. USA!  USA!

You'll have to nag Jerry and Jim regarding the gunship. I just draw 'em. artist

Have a good trip home. Hope it's safe without delays. One of my fears anymore, is getting stuck on the runway for hours. They'd have to "Taz-me-bro" ... I'd never make it.

Gary
February 06, 2010 02:19AM
a_jerry.jpg
thumbs up
February 06, 2010 02:29AM
now we just need the magic "conversion guy" to reduce it to smilie size....
February 06, 2010 02:39AM
I think I like it just as my avatar spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 09, 2010 07:29AM
I particularly like the string running from the cockpit to the trigger. Reminds me of certain "features" they decided to include on the original model AH-64 Apache gunship.

Except that if Gary built it instead of McDonnel Douglas, the string wouldn't cost as much as a luxury car and it would actually work. eye rolling smiley
February 09, 2010 01:58PM
Thanks Sean.

Since Jerry is actually involved in the testing program for stuff like this ... I told him that if the Gubmnt wanted to "upgrade" the gunships with Priairie 3's, I wan gonna need a LOT more pills ..... and coffee. More coffee

Gary
February 09, 2010 08:36PM
I'm not sure we could afford those, Gary. If a major defence contractor decided to gin up just the string and pulley setup, it'd take a half-dozen engineers 36 months to get one up to mil-spec, and they'd doubtless end up using some sort of special string that could only be woven by blind, left-handed disabled-veteran Jewish-Armenian homeless midgets that live in a specific congressmans home district in Connecticut. And they'd have a union, which has work rules that only allow weaving on altenate Arbor Days when the moon is three-quarters full, and only then if there's no work stoppage due to their solidarity with their disabled midget string-weaver union brothers union locals in Sacremento and Padukah.

If they wanted to gin up the whole gun, well...who knows how long THAT would take, and it'd cost about the same as a B-2 bombers coffee maker and toaster oven combined, and you know what THOSE go for. surprised
February 09, 2010 10:10PM
Ah .... you sound like an "experienced" man (who needs a hug). winking smiley
February 09, 2010 11:39PM
That's not string, it's twisted up duct tape! laughing
February 10, 2010 03:50PM
February 11, 2010 08:15AM
Hey, I'm still impressed that he included a swashplate on the rotor system. You must have bent his ear on that subject at some point. tongue sticking out smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021