Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Airgun addiction

Airgun addiction
February 19, 2010 08:08AM
Guys, I really have a problem. I own 2 custom bigbores, one is a .50, the other is a 20 guage air shotgun, both put out 500 fpe, and I also own 10 other smaller caliber airguns. However, I want more, on my wish list, I want at least 3 of Gary guns, 1 Gargoyle, 1 Jack Haley to round out my collection for custom bigbores. For production guns, the semiautomatic Moonson and the future .25 Marauder would hit the spot for me. I love the custom bigbores, and Gary's guns are the best, the other bigbores are great too. The Moonsoon in my opinion should be a ton of fun, semiauto, quiet, accurate and with 30 fpe, can't get better than that! As for the Marauder, since I started with the Crossman when I was a kid, the quiet, multi shot, accurate and powerful Marauder is what I didn't have when I was a kid, so I'd love to own one of this American made legend.

I've always lovingly oiled my guns after a shooting sesssion or hunting, and stared at them and admired their beauty, especially the custom bigbores. Any of you guys have the same problem? or is it just me? sometimes I wondered....he..he...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2010 09:19AM by peter-n.
Re: Airgun addiction
February 19, 2010 02:01PM
Well, ya see there, that gives you something to live for. It will take decades to put together that collection. Should keep you going for a long time!

thumbs up

Gary
February 20, 2010 01:15PM
Peter,

I've always been attracted to guns as pure machines. They have other attractions to me as well but the look and the heft are certainly enjoyable. The asthetically pleasing materiels e.g., polished metal and nicely finished wood lure guys like me who like finely crafted items but don't have enough skill or the tools to make things as nice as the arms we enjoy.

One of the things that attracts me to Gary's work is the ornate look of the pieces, it adds more pleasure to something I've always enjoyed. I would equate it to custom paint, rims and leather interior on your favorite car. artist

"I can relate man".take a bow

Lon

Hey, what happened to the race car emoticon?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2010 01:19PM by Bigbore.
February 21, 2010 06:09PM
We difinitely need a few car smilies ... you bet. Next time the back has me in it's grip ....

;?)

Gary
February 20, 2010 05:32PM
Lon, I fully agree with you! Gary's works are finely crafted pieces of art. Some of his works such as the 850 fpe, ,87 Dragon and the .62 Grizzly, in my opinion are so awesome in looks and performance wise, they can be named "Bigbore airguns of the century!" Any serious bigbore airgun collector would be incompleted without owning some of of his guns. As for a bigbore addict like me, I've been drooling over his guns pretty badly he..he..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021