Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Semiauto bigbore

Semiauto bigbore
February 28, 2010 04:34AM
With all the technology we got, I wonder if semiauto bigbore is possible. The semiauto moonsoon has an air blowback action to cycle the magazine and cock the gun(I think). I wonder if someone can do a reverse engineering and apply it to the bigbores, that would be a cool and one awesome gun with tons of fun and great for second or third shot in hunting. Imagine blasting out the 500 fpe slug one right after another in rapid fire with the bigbore he..he.. Is it possible?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2010 08:55AM by peter-n.
Re: Semiauto bigbore
February 28, 2010 12:16PM
Hi Peter:

For Gary's answer / opinion on this, see:

[www.glbarnes.com]

and scroll down about halfway to #1. The Reader

I'll add my .02 and say that the reservoir required for "true" semiauto operation (enough shots to make it worthwhile -- a full magazine at least IMHO) would be too big to be integrated into the gun. You'd either have to shoot tethered / regulated at the bench (nothing wrong with that, though), or use a "remote" microline to a fiber bottle carried on your person like some paintballers do.

Is it possible? Sure. Gary's made a full-auto aircane if I remember correctly. But I doubt you'll see a Barnes .58+ semiauto (unless he's sandbaggin' on us again) . . .

dig it

-- Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2010 12:21PM by admin.
Re: Semi Auto big bore
February 28, 2010 10:49PM
Thanks Jim! That is very interesting read. So semiauto big bore is possible, but it won't give us the best accuracy, and big power. It still would be fun to own one he...he..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021