Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Switch Blade 230 frames per second

Switch Blade 230 frames per second (Edited - dead space removed)
March 29, 2010 02:41PM
Just edited this movie, and took out alot of the dead space.

If you stop some frames when the hit occures, you can see the "spray" of the disintegrating slug in all directions. eye popping smiley

[s434.photobucket.com]

smileys with beer

Gary

I'll do some at a faster speed another time. Just getting warmed up. I'm also learning the movie maker program.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2010 06:23PM by barnespneumatic.
March 29, 2010 04:07PM
Gary,

That is great slo-mo for 230 fps. Those cameras go 4X faster than that right?

Lon
March 29, 2010 05:41PM
HI Lon,

Yeah, they do 1,000 frames per second. They still have a decent format at 420 fps. At 1,000 fps, they scale down to a film strip size. I wanted to try them all.

I got rained out after I shot the 230, and then the HD video.

I like the camera a lot. As with everything today, I jumped into "using it" before I "understood" it. The plan is to learn as I go. However; it's usually more like ... "learn when I'm stopped and can't go". haha.

Gary
Re: Switch Blade 230 frames per second (Edited - dead space removed)
March 29, 2010 11:24PM
That is pretty cool!
March 30, 2010 12:10AM
Hi Jerry,

Thanks. I got on to cutting up the main footage in Windows Movie Maker. Can't catch on to inserting the transitions though. I can choose them, drop them in, they show on the timeline ... but when I publish the movie ... only one or two of five are there. And they are half missing. I read about changing the timing ... tried it ... didn't work for me. Mostly, I've been fine with the PC ... but the Movie maker sucks compared to the ten year old Apple program.

I'm not sure if the G4 laptop would accept downloads from the Casio. It might. Then I'd have to refiddle with that.

Gary
March 30, 2010 01:05AM
Forget that idea. Just went to have a look. Couldn't remember any passwords. Couldn't find anything. Just good for a quick headache. why me

Gary
March 30, 2010 05:10PM
Gary
Nice video! I enjoyed slowing it down and watching frame by frame as those big slugs smack into the Switchblades (BTW, Switchblade is a much more catchy name than flip-flop...you should be in marketing Gary!).
Cheers
Neil
March 30, 2010 05:31PM
Thanks Neil,

Yeah - the origonal post with the poorly and quickly chosen "Flip/Flop" was just a quick and dirty post. Later, especially after the very first shot ... and IT WORKED!!! excited hahah, I knew it needed a more carefully chosen name. thumbs up

Maybe you can get a copy of one, from the same vendor as markets the origonal shooting bench! Hahaha,. laughing

Kelly went to town today, and I requested a flourscent Green for the back blade. Now, THAT will be more dramatic. I couldn't find an appropriate color when last at Wal Mart. But ... we've got a fresh $7 US can of green now, by Golly! Won't THAT look a treat on the computer screen?? haha.

Gary
March 30, 2010 05:38PM
Also ... in the interest of "being correct" ... the setting is 210 frames per second. eye rolling smiley If you were counting, I'll bet you were getting all bug-eyed trying to find the other 20 frames. stunned
March 31, 2010 04:52AM
Great video Gary! It's taking the hits without a sweat. How did I ever doubt your plan for the wheels and legs? knuckleheadDid you mention how many foot/lbs it's taking? Looks like the AK-47 philosophy of just tight enough to work so it doesn't bind or gunk up. Now be careful, I think I saw that last spent slug lying on the rear flapper. The nest shot will send it right back at you!

Thanks for sharing,

Kent
March 31, 2010 12:40PM
Hi Kent,

Good thing you noticed that slug laying on the rear paddle! eye popping smiley That would have "had me" for sure!! hahah,

Hey - I know you were just "testing me" to see if I were easily swayed off my design path ... Another idea!

Seems like it's going to be fun to shoot. Especially for an old guy with a gimpy leg.

I think I was hitting it with only about 230 fpe. We'll get some heavier energy on it asap.

Off to sand steel ....

Gary
April 13, 2010 05:27AM
UMMMMMMMM GB, you wouldn't be interested in making me one of them fine Switchblade targets would you?....
April 13, 2010 03:45PM
Cedric,

I've got an angry mob with torches and pitch forks outside my house, right now .... waiting for me to answer your question!!! hot smiley

THANX ALOT!!! hahah. Bang!

Gary
April 13, 2010 09:51PM
lol.
April 13, 2010 09:57PM
I suddenly sense a disturbance in the force! I wonder if there is a PM exchange? I'll have to track down and monitor IP addresses and send out the helicopters, you'll know they are there if you can't see or hear them! laughing

Oddly enough, if you scale the target down to .177 actuation Gary you'll probably be the airgun hero... and get 2 orders! I'd be surprised if someone in China isn't already doing a cost-benefit analysis of stealing the idea.
April 14, 2010 05:37PM
Jerry,

thats to funny....someone in china COPYING his idea.

HUMMMMMM, come to think of it, i have a welder and a cutting torch and a drill motor and some 1/2" thick steel stock laying around my garage...hummmm. Think i'll watch that video a few more times...lol

GARY, GARY, PLEASE CANCEL MY ORDER.
April 14, 2010 11:36PM
Cedric,

Ah ... yeah .... I'll do that. stunned
April 15, 2010 01:25AM
OK boys, stand down! (Sounds of turbines winding down and disappointed muttering)
April 15, 2010 05:18PM
OK OK, just joking guys. I don't have an order with GB (wish i did, with one of his guns). And NO, i'm not copying your idea GB...lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021