Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What happened to the Dragon and Grizzly?

What happened to the Dragon and Grizzly?
April 01, 2010 03:05AM
Who are the lucky guys and have them. We were watching and following their birth to the end, they are just like our babies on this forum, and now they are gone. I really like these 2 guns and would like to see them again. It would be nice to see some more pics of them and to see how they shoot and the performances post by the owners, oh well......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2010 03:15AM by peter-n.
April 01, 2010 03:53AM
Hi Peter,
I was lucky enough to snag the Dragon. I asked Gary to build for me a .58 caliber insert for the Dragon and I wanted the barrel blued as well. Gary currently has the Dragon to make sure everything fits perfectly. He updated me recently and stated that the Dragon has been well fed, Lol. I could send you pictures or post it here when the gun makes it to me here on Maui. That reminds me, I need to order some .87 and .58 caliber slugs from Jerry. Hopefully, Gary will be able to test the gun with the .58 insert and post some numbers.
April 01, 2010 05:15AM
Gunner, You're a one lucky guy! That is one very special gun. Congrats to you! It's very interesting that you can have both the .87 and .58. We can't wait to see you post some pics and numbers after you get it back. Thanks!!
April 01, 2010 04:29PM
I've been trying to be true to the ledger, as much as possible. And then, there were a few months if migrane headaches that did nothing at all for extra production time. All in all, the insert is complete and ready for bluing. I was sanding until late last night, and the hip simply demanded that I stop. I had the last of a series of injections this morning. Not supposed to work today. I'm beat anyway. I'll bet I walked miles (sideways) in front of the sanding lathe yesterday. That's really tiring (and filthy dirty too).

I'll take the assembled pc. for some data asap. I'll then ship it to Hawaii! Yeah. thumbs up There will be a number of guns that will be in the assembly stage after bluing. Very soon.

Gary

The Grizzly resides in Mississippi. It's most likely the only Grizzly in Mississippi too. hahah. I know it gets shot. The owner has a new camera too. However; I think he works some. haha. He'll get to posting some stuff. Thanks for asking Peter. We have to keep the pressure on these guys. smileys with beer

Gary
April 02, 2010 08:02AM
Only grizzly in Mississippi, eh? How strange.

Up here in Alaska, all you have to do to get a grizzly is leave your trash outside for too long in the summer (like my clueless neighborskull)
April 02, 2010 08:28AM
Yeah Gary, posting about your new special gun is part of the fun of owning it. I'm surprised that not too many owners would do it, especially a unique and beautiful gun like yours.
April 04, 2010 04:19AM
OH the pressure...Get crackin'

Peter the real pressure comes from not having enough time to shoot while taking pics and video. I do need to get out with the camera more. I do recall my last posting to the site included no Barnes guns but revealed that a Korean made Dragon was a lot of fun and looked good on the site too. I had hoped that would bring out some of the lurkers who will never shoot their Barnes let alone take a picture of shooting it.

My last rounds thru the Grizzly was for sighting in after a little maintenance and thus was not a particularly riveting session. I will be getting out with the Grizzly soon and i'll have my camera. What would you prefer to see Peter, pics of the Griz, video of target strikes, high speed video of ?, impact of slugs on "Ballistic Bear" or your choice. Sorry aerial views are not possible, with my Lear undergoing a spring repaint. target plane

BTW, we have just reintroduced black bears into MS. Seems only proper in the home of the Teddy Bear.

Kent

Remember to Vote in November so we can show them how we drain the swamp.
1.jpg
April 04, 2010 06:49AM
Kent, if I can chime in, wottabout some shots of the gun "in the field", then after that maybe some target results....thumbs up
Cheers
Neil
April 04, 2010 08:56AM
Kent,

I really would like to see the closeup videos of the Grizzly, pic of the slug and the target. Or what ever is more convenience for you. Oh, and a description of what you think of it would be nice. Thanks Kent!!
April 04, 2010 01:43PM
Now Peter .... knucklehead ... the slug is highly classified ya know. They are machined, one at a time, in a clean room down in the 5th floor sub-basement. I don't go down there much. The blinding glare from the halogen lights off the white tile gives me a headache. Not to mention all the puffer machines in the airlock.

(Kent ... remember, a big ole finger print on the lens .... thumbs up USA!  USA! that's the ticket. hehe)

Some foot long sections of 2 by 8, 10 standing up is always good for a sky full of splinters!

Looks like you are rearranging one of your ponds there. Give a man a bulldozer, and he'll move the earth!

smileys with beer

Gary
April 04, 2010 08:15PM
Good suggestions guys, I can do some of that (except the slug) today. The spent slugs are fair game as long as unrecognizable. Look for postings tonight.

Gary did you notice the "alligator" at the bottom of the pic. That's my son saving the fish for another pond. Yes he is swimming in mud! No, I didn't bury him, but remember, congress, I love him.

Kent
April 04, 2010 10:34PM
No - I didn't see him. And, I still struggled to find him after you mentioned it! haha. Wow ... but that left a ring in the tub. haha.

Gary
April 05, 2010 06:32AM
Sheesh, Kent, I absolutely missed that!!! Lucky young lad, getting to wallow like that in a way that some of us would like to but for our age, when we must not enjoy ourselves in such wayssad smiley
I love it!
Cheers
Neil
April 06, 2010 08:20AM
Some guys have all the fun. Hard to tell who's having more, the guy moving the mud, or the one swimming in it.laughing again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021