Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Karl - Your Nitro is Repaired thumbs up

Karl - Your Nitro is Repaired thumbs up
April 26, 2010 08:34PM
Karl's 45 Nitro Express has been in the shop for repair. It's finished. I'll test it as soon as the rain lets up. I have the chrono now. Hope everything tests well, and we'll get it shipped back.

I know someone will ask, "What was wrong?" A firing lever broke. Not sure why. Did it just fail because it was not correct? Maybe. Was the gun accidently overfilled, and fired a few times against a valve lock condition? Maybe. No matter ... it's fixed. Brand new lever. All damage repaired. thumbs up

a-Nitro.jpg

a_Nitro2.jpg

a_Nitro3.jpg

take a bow

Gary
April 28, 2010 03:19PM
This is a favorite of mine, I like the configuration. It's probably exactly what I would order in this format.

Karl, you have to take my shooting some time.skeet

Lon
May 03, 2010 06:55PM
its a nice gun , always was , but the colours are really starting to shine.
May 04, 2010 06:04PM
Took it out last evening at dusk. Shot a bunch of lead thru it, to make sure it functions well.

Shot a couple of quick targets as the evening closed in.

Karl's Nitro 002.JPG

50 yards ... Bishops.

Gary
May 05, 2010 07:46AM
That Nitro is looking good, Gary, and I think those shots might have just made it into the killzone whistling
May 12, 2010 11:34PM
Gary:

That's great news. I can't wait to hold it again..and take it out to shoot. I will hook up with Keith again when I go down to FL this June and get some range time with him and his Gray Fox.

Lon, if we can hook up while I'm in Tampa that would be great, otherwise maybe sometime in the near future. It would be nice to hang out again.

Dyson and Niel, thanks for the kind words..I'm real proud of the beautiful job Gary did in building the Nitro.

Regards,

Karl
May 19, 2010 08:59PM
Karl,

You didn't tell me it was fixed. What, you don't want me to break, I mean shoot it againwhistling.

I really need to go out shooting. Keep me posted on your travel dates.

Keith
May 20, 2010 11:17AM
Keith:

I'll lrt you know as soon as everything is finalized. I'll give you a call later.

Karl
May 21, 2010 09:53PM
Hey, not so fast! I have to go do an independent test. What with Gary applying for the ISO 9000 certification, there are steps that must be taken!

Just ship the gun to me Gary and after the proper testing is complete, I'll let Karl come get the gun... laughing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021