Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Hope you all have a warm spot for Memorial Day.

Hope you all have a warm spot for Memorial Day.
May 30, 2010 12:57AM
We'd like to thank all of you who serve, and have served in our military.

I know Memorial Day is to remember those who paid the highest price. I do pray for those families, and that the honor of their loved ones gives a special family pride. God Bless them.

I might as well go ahead and mention something I've had in mind for some time. My wife and I talked about it, and agreed that it would be fitting to make a special note of those currently serving when rifles were made for them. There are a few projects I've been working to complete, for which this will apply. They will carry a small sterling silver medal, noting that the recipient was active duty when a given Barnes rifle was made.

A small token of thanks from Kelly and myself. The die for the medal is not yet made. That's why I've not mentioned it. However; it seemed right to do so now.

God Bless our Country.
Gary and Kelly Barnes
May 30, 2010 03:29AM
I too want to thanks those who've served. It's their effort that has allowed me to have the choices and freedoms I have. Including the choice to not serve. This might sound odd, but many countries force you to serve and I'm very thankful to be given the choice. I also want to thank those who have family members serving or who have served, I'm not sure their sacrifice is less than those out and about serving.

The medal is a really cool idea Gary. The more we can do to honor those who guard and protect us, the better it is. Where I come from it's ALMOST looked down on to go into the military. Not really looked down on, but definitely not as highly regarded as in other parts of the country, almost like it's what you do if you don't have anything better to do. I think it's very detrimental to the attitude surrounding it. So I think the more we can do to thank those willing, the better off we are.

Thanks for the thought Gary.
May 30, 2010 01:38PM
Awesome idea!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021