Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So - What do you guys want to talk about?

So - What do you guys want to talk about?
July 15, 2010 07:17PM
what was that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2010 02:26AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: So - What do you guys want to talk about?
July 16, 2010 08:21PM
Hello Gary, I want to talk about it being Winter here, raining most of the time, me having a week off on "holiday" painting the inside of my garage (15 years overdue and I have decided I hate painting) and not getting enough shooting by any means. And I live in a Barnes-free zone.
Sorry, rant over, I feel better now...rant
Cheers
Neil
July 16, 2010 09:26PM
Well THAT was about as exciting as the last cooking interlude...More coffee
July 17, 2010 12:03AM
Ya old grouch ... smoking smiley

Where's your suggestion? haha. Are you on strike? It's been days since you laid out something complex and entertaining. USA!  USA!
July 17, 2010 12:01AM
Hello Neil,

Hey ... "I Got ONE!!!, I got ONE!!!" 45 reads and there appears a stimulating post about painting garages. smileys with beer That's the stuff.

Yeah ... I always love those sorts of tasks too. There's no little guys with the old pick-up truck anymore. All run out of business by permits, liscenses, bonding, insurance .. on and on. Therefore; there's nobody to do these jobs. You can call the Interstellar company with the solid chrome dually trucks and 27 crews of illegals. Cost you about 5 grand to pain the inside of your garage. So; you do it yourself.

My house needs a roof. Don't call. bad dude I've called all the hot shot companies thru the years. Had the president of the biggest big deal co. on my roof twice. They never even made me an estimate. You see ... you can't just drive up ... and have your crew of illegals install an entire roof in 90 minutes. Since there are half a million houses around like that ... I'd have to hire a company who's currently restoring Mr. Vernon or Monticello.

I have about sixty of these projects currently taking bets to see if they get started before the house falls down - or I croak first.

Well Neil, thanks a bunch. That's cheered me up fine. It's good to experience participation. smileys with beer

Gary
July 17, 2010 12:18AM
So I"M the grouch? laughing
July 17, 2010 12:20AM
I'm actually wondering why we have so many folks that actually registered? Very few ever post a new topic and as far as I know, the forum looks the same signed in or not...
July 17, 2010 12:25AM
Do any other forums have a section for posting and thus preserving your trophy groups? That just occured to me while checking out the latest from Tofazfou. I've read a lot of stories about accuracy and such but here you can see the groups the members are proud of, that's a good thing.
Anonymous User
July 17, 2010 01:46AM
Just replaced the roof. Three different inspection's permit wind asessment. Insurance company is a pain.db
July 17, 2010 04:01PM
I had to delete a user today. We had a guy join up and he turned out to be a spammer selling shoes...in the hunting section. Yeesh.
July 17, 2010 04:04PM
Wow. Our first spammer. That's a milestone. angry with "no" sign

Was just out sanding and staining some wood . . . almost melted, so I'm hiding here in the AC for awhile. Too hot to do much else outside. hot smiley Yes, this smiley is pretty much what I looked like.

-- Jim
July 17, 2010 04:06PM
Yes, most warm out there! I need to disassemble part of the car and I can hardly step out without sweating through another shirt...
July 17, 2010 04:34PM
Hey - would be a great time to shoot that Victory in the cooooooool basement! Nothing else to do ... end of the list ... might as well. haha

Gary
July 17, 2010 08:34PM
I just got back from Jim Stanis (Precision Air) fun shoot in Dryden MI. What a great time, met some of the nicest people...air gunners are the best...doesn't matter what age the shooters were, watching the kids shoot and hitting the bullseye with the big grin on their face really warms the heart...Allen.
July 18, 2010 12:59PM
Here's a weird one for you . . . I had a dream about the purple Shrikes Sure Fire cast up for my Delta 45 last night. Can't remember the context -- but I sure did see them. more confused And they were purple.

google eyes

-- Jim
July 18, 2010 03:21PM
Maybe we need to rename the puple slugs the "Dreammaker" series? boing
July 18, 2010 02:26PM
What to talk about? How about things that fly? Like frozen spitwads from a air gun. We find a straw that is the cal. Cut to the right size then stuff with spitwad and freeze. There is also the one where we pore fat or candel wax over shot and chill or freeze. each acts a little or a lot diffrent. A fun one if you things that go boom is to get the caps that are for shooting nails in to concret, then with a lead bullet with a somewhat larger cal. drill into the face of the bullet once to hold the charge part of the cap then drill a larger hole to give the rime fire part of the cap room to set subsurfece. this puts the cap flying rim fire part foward. This one is not a toy.hit hard targets at 30 yrds. or more. Then there are the blow gun darts and there like that zip along for short range. Thy do not go far, but as far as thy go,thy go fast.
Most of this is for back yard shooting. I have somemore but thy get werder and some a little riskier. Then if you want we can talk radicul air guns. I just do not know where to stop. There is so much more that can be done with air and a little time. The bigger the bore the ezer it is to go wild with stuff you can shoot out of it. As you can see smoothy's work best for most of this.
NEXT !

The Mad Rabbit
July 18, 2010 02:33PM
Well,

Who doesn't have their heart warmed by the thoughts of exploding projectiles ... more innocent ... haha.

You see guys ... just let that be a warning,. If you don't come up with regular topics ... The Mad Rabbit is always out there ... just waiting to unload another series of suggestions ... ahhahah.

Thanks for posting Mad. Make sure you wear body armor when you shoot. haha.

Gary
July 18, 2010 06:04PM
As to exploding projectiles I have only had these in a powder buner (.357 & .44 mags.). Done this way you have a shaped charge and most or all of the force goes forward. thy were backed up with 150 gr. or more of lead at 1200 fps or faster. We never had blowback but alwas shot at somthing that was 30 or more yrds. away.Maybe that was 50 yrds. I may be Mad but I am not nuts. Alwas shot from behind a sheld, as in thick tree or 3/4 in. plate steel. Some of the time we had a remote trigger pull. It is just not fun if you start losing body parts.
July 22, 2010 05:09AM
How about this for a weird one...squib loads. I'm talking about when the primer detonates but there's no powder in the cartridge for it to ignite. You end up with a bullet lodged partway up the barrel, and if you don't notice that somethings wrong it's pretty easy to launch another one with the barrel plugged... which can be very bad news. surprised

Anyway, I had this happen to me today for the first time ever, and I've been shooting for about 30 years now. I was shooting a friends Ruger 10-22, using fresh, high-grade Federal .22LR ammo, the Gold Medal Match stuff. It's very accurate in his rifle, but at about $8 / box it's not exactly plinking ammo. The range conditions were hot, high 90's/low 100's in the shadehot smiley (visiting family in New Mexico at the moment) but the rifle wasn't overheated or indicating anything unusual.

I guess it was just random chance, and that even with good quality factory ammo it's still possible to get the occasional dud. In any case, it's a good reason to pay attention while you're shooting and not just chamber another round when one doesn't extract like expected. Also a good reason to carry along a cleaning rod in the rifle case, since that's the only way you'll get the bullet out of the bore safely.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021