Nice video!
Re: Movie - 58 Barracuda Bullpup
August 04, 2010 04:57AM
Gary,

That thing is a beast.

Nice group.shooter
August 04, 2010 07:21PM
Anybody notice ... on the video ... the muzzle falls BELOW the line of the bullet streaking away ... during the microsecond shown in the still image. No "muzzle flip" in this gun ... thumbs up

Gary
August 05, 2010 02:45PM
No takers?

See this is the stuff that baffles me. I thought that was a truely remarkable picture. Shows, beyond debate, that the barrel fell BELOW the line of the slug leaving the barrel during firing. Gun barrels ALWAYS kick up when guns fire. That's where the entire "Muzzle Flip" thingie comes from. And nobody finds this interesting?

Gary
August 07, 2010 02:46AM
So, do you have the answer to the down flip? Is it the stock design?
August 07, 2010 02:58PM
Hi Jerry,

Sorry - I missed this post until now.

It's the overall balance of the pc. The recoil is evidently nearly straight back. That would have to do with the weight and some of the internals too. Seems a fine design in every way so far.

Gary
August 04, 2010 11:44PM
Awe man that is really nice looking. And what power. The big bores of today are really stepping it up in the power DEPT. Looks like i gotta go and mod mine again....LOL.

Nice video GB and great looking gun with awesome 100 yard groups.
August 05, 2010 12:10AM
Thanks Cedric,

Yeah - you better cut off the back of your stock when you tune it too! haha.

Where have ya been dude? We were about to come looking for you. inmate Didn't you get your one phone call? haha.

Gary
August 06, 2010 08:31PM
Nice video promo there Gary. Did you oil the stock, it seems richer than in other pics?
August 06, 2010 09:10PM
Hello Neil,

No - the stock is as rough as a cob. Literally in 60 grit format. I just knocked off the corners to take it to the range. That's why I mentioned before, that the gun was showing at about 20% of it's final "punch factor". Just knocking off the corners making the stock look like a cardboard cut out added a huge amount to the presence of the pc. It's gonna be a knock out when it's anodized and the stocks are molded.

BTW ... the reservoir and hammer tube are stainless.

Gary
August 07, 2010 08:08AM
Cool!grinning smiley
August 11, 2010 12:56AM
WOW, Very Nice PC. But i shouldn't be so surprised, after all it is a "Barnes"
August 11, 2010 01:12AM
Thank you Mr. Horn,

I appreciate it. take a bow

Gary
August 15, 2010 08:02PM
ohh err missis ,,,, what a result
August 16, 2010 01:11AM
LOL, GB, how did you know i got locked up....LOL

Nah, i get off a little later at this new job so i get home later than i used to. But oh well, better to be working that to not..

But i'm here. Just sorting out my precious time...
August 16, 2010 01:38AM
Yep - never enough time.

I did the relaxing weekend stuff. whistling Brakes on the front of my truck yesterday (cause nobody will simply replace brake pads without wanting to replace half the truck. Did some of the honey do list. AND, I fixed the clothes dryer today. Hey - did you know that they have the drum of the dryer just hanging on a lip that's pressed into the front of the dryer cabinet? That lip has a band of thick felt to seal it and center it, and a plastic rub rail at the top one third of the diameter to carry the weight as it just hangs on the lip and drags around. Gosh - I figured there would be some caster wheels under the drum or something. So, now this dryer has three layers of 3/16" felt insulation around the lip making up the required thickness (contact cement), and the disentigrated rub rail is now a bandsawn strip of high impact plastic. Smooth running sucker ... good for another 15-20 years ... guess now the heating element will blow. haha.

Gary
August 16, 2010 01:44AM
LOL, you know it will. Amazing how much technology......EXCUSE ME, THE LACK OF TECHNOLOGY that went into that dryers tumbler. I too figuered the tumbler would have been mounted on some type of internal FRAME with a big pulley wheel attached to the back of it then is turned via a belt driven AC motor. But oh well, sounds like you fix got it going again. I will call you when mine breaks....LOL.......Seriously, i'm gonna.

And yeah, everytime i've taken a truck or car in to get the brake pads changed, they want to machine the rotors. Of course though, nothings wrong with the rotors as usual.
August 16, 2010 01:58AM
Well - you're lucky. They never want to turn my rotors ... they want to REPLACE them. They talk about the "Hot Spots" and how they warp ... what a crock. The things are smooth and fine. It's just an endless gimick.

Yesterday - at the parts store ... they have their version of the gimmick too. "Well ... do you want a really fine quality produ.... "CHEAP" ... I interrupt. I've heard all the crap before. You have the "super dupper whooper version that's designed so you can stomp on them at 200 mph, with both feet" ... all the way down to the "probably kill you by turning the truck inside out if tapped above 15 mph" .... yeah ... I'll take those. As if the parts were certified as replacement parts and are made from old bagels and wallpaper paste. Give me a break!

Oh ... on the dryer ... you are sort of correct. The big pulley IS the drum. The flat belt goes around the outside of the drum. Often in a pressed groove. Mine doesn't even bother with that. And - the thing hangs on one bearing at the center of the back wall of the housing. Center of the drum. It's dryed a few hundred thousand loads of jeans and tees (full of metal shavings .. haha) ... so the design works.

smileys with beer

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021