Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Hagan 46 Nitro back on the bench

Hagan 46 Nitro back on the bench
August 03, 2010 11:32PM
I made several parts for that today. A few days of work will get that firing. It's going to be a fine rifle.

Then, the Alder Delta 32, and Rearick Tundra are in the mix. Along with several others I've mentioned lately.

I'm aware that I'm a supreme disappointment to everybody except the particular owner of the gun on the bench "today". No matter what I get accomplished ... it's blah blah .... until your name comes up. Of course, when your name comes up .... it's gonna be .... blah blah ... for everyone else. Can't tell you how rewarding it is to know that about 80% of the people I know are just gritting their teeth at their monitor no matter what I accomplish.

The way I feel much of the time, it's amazing I get anything at all done. But ... hey ... makes you wonder why I planned to fall apart so fast. whistling Darned inconsiderate of me.

Well, some of you have managed to find my latest work of interest. Thanks for your mail, among the rest.

thumbs up

Gary
August 03, 2010 11:58PM
Hagan Nitro 004.JPG

Did some work on the trigger block / hammer group today. Takes a good bit of time to make a fine trigger. Just that cocking stud with it's solid brass component it a lot of work.

Gary
August 15, 2010 08:26PM
thats true ,,, but at least it looks like it took time , def not a piece of plastic out of an eight cavity mold ,,,, venus de milo could have been knocked off at a fair old speed with a cnc router and a block of fibre board ,,, but it just wouldnt bethe same ,,, or be about for many lifetimes ,, heirlooms arent made of mdf and plastic
August 16, 2010 02:02AM
Right ... the good stuff is mdf with a nice contact paper woodgrain. more innocent
August 16, 2010 04:04AM
Appreciate the update, Gary!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021