a_hagan_stk.jpg

Hagan Nitro stock - reservoir groove.

Next 5 pics: A quick "How To" on making scope rings from billet

Shop_Range 013.JPG

Shop_Range 014.JPG

Shop_Range 015.JPG

Shop_Range 018.JPG

Shop_Range 019.JPG

Next 5 pics: A quick study on "How to attach an expensive holo-sight to a Barnes Yukon.

Shop_Range 020.JPG

Shop_Range 021.JPG

Shop_Range 022.JPG

Shop_Range 023.JPG

Shop_Range 028.JPG

Yesterday was a Yukon fit and proof day. Several hours went to making a special need fixture while Jerry cast slugs. We got to the Range about 5:30 pm ... ish.

Shop_Range 032.JPG

Testing the Yukon. Using a conservative 567 grains for it's default slug (I'll check for sure) ... this 754 fps shot yields 716 foot pounds of muzzle energy.

Gary
Re: Shop and Range Pics
August 22, 2010 05:08PM
and plenty of recoil... I'll have some pics and video up later today. skeet
August 22, 2010 10:26PM
I just noticed that despite a full day in the shop and at the range, I didn't take a lot of pictures. The field was a good 18-20 inches high so we didn't put out any of the small targets that might get lost. We had new optics on both guns that needed to be figured out as well so it was more of a test session than any kind of fun shoot. Although it is fun to test shoot...

Other than the video in the other post, I didn't get any pictures until it was about dark.

b1.jpg
That's the Barracuda wearing different glass (with new rings). I took one shot with the 'Cuda offhand after dark...I'm pretty sure I nailed a firefly! That gun has a serious bark! We checked some chrono readings and it is making serious power too.

Yukon at end of the day.jpg
The lights inside the trailer were highlighting the carving pretty nice...

Yukon.jpg
Cool effects...obviously, I'll have to do this again when a temporary stock is not held on with string.

y2.jpg
With the flash on you can see the EOTECH mounted on it's custom adaptor.

e1.jpg
Here's a close-up of the adapter that took up some time earlier in the day. It wasn't even a square block when I got there and it was a custom optic mount when we got to the range. I had some commercial adaptors but they just didn't work well enough with the gun so custom was the path required.

While we didn't have all the atrgets out, the testing on the Yukon with the new sight did prove a big success. I got this sight as the intended hunting set-up and took a gamble it would all work out. I decided on a reticle that has a ring and two 1 moa dots. I was hoping that the two dots would provide a short and long range aimpoint at hunting distance. Well, it worked out perfect! At 50 yards the center dot is right on, without any adjustment at all, the lower dot is spot on at 100 yards. So, for hunting, anything between those dots is just a range estimation issue.

y3.jpg
This is the cheek piece mounted on the rifle. It works perfectly and allows very comfortable sighting and shooting.

y4.jpg
I tried but I can't get the color of this photogragh to match what the eye sees. The cheekpiece has a green color tint that the camera just turns to brown... At least some of the inlay work shows up! It's a great addition to the rifle and functional too.
August 23, 2010 06:24PM
Nice work, nice pics. Gary you make it look so easy.
August 23, 2010 07:34PM
Thanks Neil,

It's all right there in the bars of steel and aluminum. You just have to look for it. winking smiley

Gary
August 23, 2010 09:03PM
The Yukon 58 has a little brother! Handsome devil!
August 24, 2010 12:20AM
"Little" brother? Maybe "younger" but this is no little brother! rolling happy smiley
August 24, 2010 01:12AM
How's the shoulder? The swelling go down, or to people just think you've been lifting weights with that arm? hahahahah. Weights
August 24, 2010 01:20AM
Well, due to the cocking effort over all those shots, I'm starting to look like Ahnold....
August 24, 2010 01:26AM
WOW...those rings are nice. They look like the could take up the recoil of a BARRET 50 Cal BMG rifle...lol
August 24, 2010 01:31AM
Better,

The Barret 50's a pussycat compared to the Barracuda 58 .... laughing
August 24, 2010 02:36AM
I've got some Barret rings, they have NOTHING on Gary's rings when it comes to strength!
August 27, 2010 03:59AM
I see.......GEEZZZ. lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021