Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Timber Wolf - Alpha

Timber Wolf - Alpha
September 06, 2010 09:06PM
With any project, the prototype teaches me a few things. When I'm problem solving, I reach for the best solution which is within my means, skills, and tools. That's not usually the cheapest way out. Therefore; when projects show such early promise, it seems warrented to invest the effort. That's another reason why it's impossible to predict how long a given gun will take to build (unless I've built it ten times ... which I never have yet). We'll get there with the Grey Fox Class of guns.

Here's what my Friday night, Saturday, Some of Sunday, and my holiday day have brought.

I'll be back later to explain some things.

Enjoy. Oh, BTW ... still feeling much improved. Next injections on Wednesday. thumbs up I pray it holds.

Gary
Timber Wolf Brass 001.JPG
Timber Wolf Brass 004.JPG
Timber Wolf Brass 007.JPG
Timber Wolf Brass 008.JPG
a_TimberWolf_Muzzle.jpg
a_TimberWolfmidscope_mount.jpg
a_TimberWolfStock.jpg
September 06, 2010 11:35PM
Alpha, huh

like "alpha male", leader of the pack ?

Pretty clever, if I might say so......and pretty nice looking toofudd
September 07, 2010 01:26AM
Hi Joebill,

That's it. You got it. I liked it better than "Magnum" for this gun. thumbs up

Gary
September 07, 2010 01:36AM
Thanks Julio,

Yes - I did give it a bunch of thought. Or ... well ... the back room did. I just knew I needed the answer, and the back room seemed to cook it up over a couple of days.

I have a segment down about 10 inches of so in front of the receiver. That is a combo of the barrel support, the mount for the 1" diameter breech shroud which the slide breech retracts into, the barrel/reservoir ring with stock mount, AND the transition between 1" diameter and 3/4" diameter. This segment is also dovetailed in 11mm for about an inch.

At the fore end, there's a transition from 3/4" back to 1" ... there's the barrel support, reservoir support, forestock clamp, and another 11mm dovetail. All pretty slick in it's multi-purpose compact nature.

I've chosen brass for this system ... and my intention at this point, is to oxidize it for an aged patina.

One other thing ... the barrel itself, can be canted left or right (within the shroud) to suit the shooter's preference for loading port angle.

The shroud is not a moderator system ... it brings the barrel to a better visual scale, steps the barrel to multiple diameters as in antique long guns, and provides the multiple anchor points for various types of sights.

Gary
September 07, 2010 02:15AM
Getting better all the time!
September 07, 2010 12:12AM
Hi Gary,

Good luck with this next set of injections.

This one is looking good! Can't wait to see it in the field.

Looking at this pictures it seems that you have given a lot of thought to solve the open sights issue.

Julio
Anonymous User
September 07, 2010 05:16AM
Nice, I see we added a little meat for sight applications and gave it some bling to boot. Love the flared muzzle, gives the muzzle a unique look. The barrel reservoir clamp is a super nice touch, Gary.
I can tell your excited by this project, thats good, I know you need it after that bluing session.
I may have to take a trip to Windsor to shoot some of these beast, first the bullpup and now this, man I'm excited.
September 07, 2010 12:50PM
Gary,

Looking elegant.wow

Lon
September 07, 2010 02:15PM
All that brass . . . it's Jules Verne meets Daniel Boone. Pipe smoker

-- Jim
September 07, 2010 02:33PM
Right ... it just needs some big pressure gauges and a raccoon tail! laughing

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021