Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What's wrong with this phone book?- Answer Added

What's wrong with this phone book?- Answer Added
September 07, 2010 10:03PM
Here you will see two pictures of the Puerto Rican Metro Area phone book. On the first picture it shows a thickness of 3 ½ inches. On the second picture the same phone book shows a thickness of maybe 7 inches, I’m guessing here because I didn’t measure it.

The thing is… What happened to this phone book between the first and the second picture?

More later…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2010 04:34PM by Julio.
Photo 2.jpg
Photo 6.jpg
Re: What's wrong with this phone book?
September 08, 2010 02:40AM
Hi Julio,

Well, I suspect a slug passed thru it! And, the debris trail following the penetration of each page, swelled the book by double.

Glad you are shooting, my friend.

thumbs up

Gary
Re: What's wrong with this phone book?
September 08, 2010 06:01AM
Julio,

I'm thinking triplets, about 600 grains each?shooter

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2010 06:01AM by Bigbore.
Re: What's wrong with this phone book? - Answer Added
September 08, 2010 04:32PM
Well Lon and Gary both of you guess it right. This phone book was shot at 50 yards with the Yukon II using the 450 grains slugs.

This time I wanted to test how deep within this phone book the .58 slug would get and then analyze the slug deformation in the process.

I rested the phone book against a standing wooden pole at 50 yds. Then I shot the first shot and the book didn’t move so I send a second slug. When I went to check the phone book, to my surprise, I realized that both of the slugs went thru the book.
Photo 3.jpg
Photo 4.jpg

One of the slugs had enough power left to leave a mark on the wooden pole and break a chunk out of it.
Photo 5.jpg

The book shows clean entry holes but on the back cover it explodes. Sorry for the low quality pictures but for some reason they aren’t as clear as other that I have posted earlier.
September 08, 2010 06:25PM
Hello Julio,

scholar Do you recall an ancient story about an old guy that once went buffalo hunting on a cold, cold winter's morning? This guy used a handmade airgun, called .... ah .... a Yukon 2 .... I think it was ... and a very heavy airgun pellet ... 450 grains I think it was .... whistling ... and, at fifty yards .... this old guy shot clear thru that buffalo ... ribs and all!!! hahaha. cooler

Glad to see the gun still "has it". thumbs up

In fact ... somehow ... the slug that old guy used that morning, is sitting on my slug shelf in my office! Recovered under the stretched out hide on the opposite side of the buffalo!

LOL!

Gary
September 08, 2010 07:25PM
'Cuz someone was bound to ask anyway (ahem . . . Gary):

[www.glbarnes.com]

Enjoy! The Reader

-- Jim
September 08, 2010 08:34PM
good grief ,,,, could you shoot my wallet and see if you could double its thickness please .... great pics though , again sometimes the numbers need illustrating , and thats a good illustration
thanks
t
September 08, 2010 11:06PM
Hey ... I know that feeling! I often feel like I've been shot in the wallet!! In more ways than one! haha.

Good one.

Gary
September 09, 2010 12:56AM
I feel like I got shot but they just missed my wallet... whistling
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021