Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Had a blast today

Anonymous User
Had a blast today
September 10, 2010 08:35AM
Well I had some good fun this evening shooting a RWS 34 Pro Compact air rifle in .177 caliber. It was a beautiful day, the weather was just right, I recently picked up the 34 Pro compact off the classifieds and decided to give it a whirl. I mounted a Sun Optics 3X9X42 scope on the gun. Didin't take long before I had it shooting where I was pointing it with RWS Super Dome pellets.
Now this is where the fun really begins. I have had a catbird raising around the house all summer, your favorite bird Gary. Between shots I saw it land in a flowering crabapple tree in my yard to survey what I was up to. While I was watching him I begin to notice the tree was hanging full of deep red 1/2 inch crabapples. Man I spent the next hour or so shooting those things, great reactive little targets when hit. I was about 30 yards from the tree, each time one of the .177 superdomes centered one of them there was a loud pop and splint second of crabapple juice flying in the scope. I shot so much my arm is sore from cocking the gun.
Thats what I love about airguns, just about anything becomes a good target. Tomorrow I'm going to take Wiley down to the pond and let him fish a little. The 34 Pro Compact is going with me, I'm going to do a little dragon hunting, dragonfly that is.
I know I should have taken some pictures, maybe tomorrow I'll take a few.
September 10, 2010 01:41PM
That's good fun Joe. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the post.

The Fall weather is in full swing here. Leaves all over the place already. All the flower beds and hanging baskets are dying. Can't say I'm thrilled about Winter coming, but I enjoy the break in the terrible heat.

Gary
September 14, 2010 03:14PM
I just spent the last hour filling hedge apples with .25 ball from my Appaloosa. I also exploded one with the.32 Ranger. shooter
Natural, biodegradable reactive targets are always fun! wow
September 14, 2010 04:50PM
Good Job!!

Barnes rifles shooting .... makes me all ..... misty eyed. Green bowing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021