Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: New Pics - Carving

New Pics - Carving
September 16, 2010 03:41PM
Pics close to the end phase of this long panel.

TWolfCarving3.jpg

TWolfCarving.jpg

a_TWolfStk_carving.jpg

I'll merge this with the other thread later. Wanted you to get the effect of this as it is now.

Gary
September 16, 2010 04:38PM
Gary,

Wow! The carving is an excellent compliment to this already beautiful rifle. I like it, this one is going to be exceptional.

Most artists depend on the inspiration to perform their work. Can you plan to do this type of work or do you wait until the inspiration comes to start doing the stock carvings?

Julio
September 16, 2010 06:12PM
Hello Julio,

Well, I have to have a pc. ready for carving. Therefore; I can't just choose to go do some carving at any time. There are times it seems to flow well. However; with any size project, it takes effort to push through it. As I mentioned, I'm already deep into the project, before I ever get to sit and carve. So; there's a good bit of discipline required to stick to the project.

This is one of the reasons I need to bounce from project to project as I do. No matter my attention span (which is pretty strong), I still get sick of working on a given project endlessly. They all see eternal. So; I need a break from some of them. I come back when I feel more fresh. In this way, people get better work, I'm convinced.

Gary
September 16, 2010 07:58PM
That's a great looking piece of carving GaryGreen bowing That gun is going to be a collector's item for sure....but hopefully a collector who likes to use his collection!
Cheers
Neil
September 16, 2010 08:39PM
Thanks Neil,

I'll pick over it a couple of more times tidying up this and that. And then start applying oil sometime after the other side is complete.

I need a break from this blasted walnut dust now. I feel like I'm getting a cold. I think I have a mild allergy to walnut. Time for some billet work I believe. We'll see. thumbs up

Gary
September 16, 2010 09:40PM
Hi Garry, thats very nice indeed. I must admit when I first saw your air guns the idea of carving on the wood didn't appeal, however it's growing on me.Danny.
September 16, 2010 10:10PM
Why is that? The finest guns ever made have had their stocks carved for hundreds of years? Curious.

Gary
September 17, 2010 07:38AM
Hi Garry, just personal choice. I hand craft funiture which I tend to keep quite simple. If a customer wants carving thats ok, I can do some reasonable carving. However if I was passionate about carving the end result would show such. Each to there own and I love your work as it is it clearly shows that you think outside of the square.Danny.
September 17, 2010 02:45PM
Well .... thanks for sharing that Danny.

take a bow
September 19, 2010 10:53PM
I'll move this up ... and then combine the threads later ...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021