Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sunday evening ...

Sunday evening ...
September 20, 2010 02:02AM
Hi Guys,

Get Coffee. coffee

It's Sunday evening. I felt decent enough to pull off a weekend of work. Just came in. I've been working on that Victory 32 pistol/carbine.

I got permission from the owner, to finish the Nitro in late October. That lets me get this Victory to the guy for a trip of his. And, it lets me finish up for the small trip I'm taking.

Jerry's Yukon will be off the ledger with another couple of hour's work. That will make three ledger slots being completed.

It's obvious that the Timber Wolf is not a ledger gun. There are bills to pay here too. It's also a fact, that I cannot arrange to be THE only person in the country why has not been greatly effected by this horrible economy. Just FYI ... my wife has had a wonderful liscensed Child Care business for many, many years. She's extremely talented with children. A few years ago, she had her full house of 8 full time children, had two others who could fit into the cracks on days when a couple of the 8 were not there ... and had a good waiting list. As the economy changed, nobody was added to the waiting list. Then the ones on the waiting list, became no-shows. As parents of the children lost the wife's or husband's job ... they withdrew their kids. None replaced them. Kelly worked with families in need. Gave them a break. She reduced their fees to half for a few months while they looked for work. They found none. Parents hit with their own rotten times started pressing grandma, brothers and sisters, aunts, anybody ... into service. It got worse and worse. Parents decided ... hey ... the child is 8 years old ... they can get themselves up and on the school bus. Right, I know. And so; from that 10 kids ... there's now 2 part time left. My wife's business wasn't just our mad money. Every dollar was needed. Over that same period of decline, our health expenses have gone thru the roof. You don't need me to rehash the health care debate. Well, it's not come down any. And, nobody is making up the differences.

What we've managed to do is to get some ledger guns out the door, and keep the doors open too. We thank God that we have not been one of the millions that have lost their homes. You know, I've worked my butt off all my life. A few years ago, because we've lived within our means, and not bought a bunch of stuff we couldn't afford ... we had a very nice equity in our home here. Care to guess where that's gone now? Yeah - I know you know too.

It's always been a fact that my situation is so often misunderstood. People see an eight thousand dollar airgun. Good Heavens!!! The guy is robbing people blind and must be raking it in. Hardly. Look at the time required to make it. And, that's after four decades of learning how to do that work and buying the tools. Still, so many are convinced that I just have the life here. I'm an honest person - so I'll tell you that we've worked extremely hard, and we've been able to pay our bills. Alot of people are working hard and cannot pay theirs. It's a real shame out there. But, I don't want anyone to think that we're all behind and about to get tossed to the curb. However; it's taking everything, and nothing is getting easier.

Kelly and I have also always had a bit of a wild card to play too. I'm an old geeser. And, I've never had much of a party life ... so I just kept learning how to do things. It amused me to do so. It didn't seem hard for me. Just born that way. So; we've never called a plumber, or a carpenter, roofer, mason, electrician, furnace guy, etc. Think of the money we'd have spent paying those guys $60-$100/hr. when I was making a small part of that. And so, we've been able to get along and maintain. Then comes age and health issues. The first to go was roofing. My legs are often half numb, and I stumble some just walking thru the shop. Bang into things. Not good on a ladder or three story slate roof. Then went the heavy stuff. And etc., and etc. So; my wild card has become tattered. And, my place here will become more so too. I'm not hiring alot of $100/hr. professionals these days.

Where we are is this: We've worked extremely hard. My "skills" have never been better. My aches and pains don't help. The economy sucks. Kelly's business is nearly flatlined. Nobody is sending us little gift checks. And, we've not asked one person for a penny. So; please don't become angry when it seems I've made something to pay my bills with. I'm making every obligation I have, to the best of my ability. That's all of the orders on the ledger, the bills, maintaining my family, home, and shop. I don't apologize for any of it. That's what we're supposed to do. I don't expect a special "sticker" for being a good boy. But I really hope I don't have to endlessly explain why I have to pay my bills.

Now; the Timber Wolf is an extra gun. I cannot swap it trade in guns. I can't deliver it to fill an order that's still not finished in the shop. Some will be boiling mad that I won't give them the Timber Wolf instead of their pistol (fill in whatever). It will just have to be that way. I've devoted many years now to trying to add to the rich history of fine airguns. I've tried to have tournaments. Tried Festivals. Tried Auctions. Tried everything I could think of to build something that might take on some of a life of it's own. Draw some sort of promoter which might carry some of the weight. Etc., etc., You understand. And, the only thing that's worked, is for me to be that vending machine that I hate. Push the button, and drop the finished gun. And, that's a very painfully slow, one at a time process. Now, I will use the net, and all of the efforts I've put here, to mention when I have a pc. to sell, aside from what's being completed for specific people. I'm not going to sit here mute, and watch what I've built errode - without mentioning that have something extra. As I say, I suspect the e-mail box will be flaming in a few hours. It will have to burn. What I've described is reasonable, and logical. I haven't sat back. Haven't played the helpless victum. I am working absolutely each hour I'm able.

BTW ... I have to get those darned epidural injedctions again Wednesday. For some reason, the last ones went sour. I have felt horrible since, until the Doc came up with some oral steriod to stem the pain, to get me to the next injections. I pray these on Wed. will go well. I'm fortunate that these work for me. Each time I sit there, and listen to patients on the other side of the curtains prepairing for their proceedures ... and many say the injections have done absolutely nothing for them. They are in such pain you can hear it in their voice. It's a blessing that they usually help me. Just a final note. Give me a bit of slack to speak on behalf of myself. I didn't get into this condition by doing anything dumb, illegal, or foolish. It's genetic, and wear and tear. I'm doing all I can to combat it. And I'm working all I can. If I had a gun to my back, I could not do more.

I respond to the PM system here on the forum - upper right hand corner. If you are a member - you have an account there. If you want to speak about the Timber Wolf - I'm there.

God Bless,
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021