Re: Mighty lonely this week end

Anonymous User
Mighty lonely this week end
October 18, 2010 04:06AM
Wish I was in Mississippitarget plane
October 19, 2010 04:49AM
Hi Joe,

Here's Jerry's son Timmy and my daughter Emily who got their wish to be in Mississippi this weekend.
1.jpg
They both hit this 116 yrd target with the 45 cal Barnes Grey Fox standing with shooting sticks. Timmy took third over all in the competition! A great family time with a wonderful group of people. It's amazing how guns bring out the best people.

I'm sure more pics will follow from the visit.

Kent
October 19, 2010 04:59AM
I didn't even check in, I knew what was going on.shootershooter with bench rifleskeetfuddsmileys with beer
October 20, 2010 03:19AM
Well ... Gee Lon ... what about conversing with the fine folks here on the forum .... hummmm? whistling

rudolph
October 19, 2010 01:53PM
Missed you guys, and others. Sorry you were not available.

We had a wonderful time. Weather was perfect ... or better. Food was amazing. There was also a table in the barn, full of fresh fruit, cookies, with sodas, water, juices ... yummm. Coffee was on in the War Wagon.

Lots of shooting. Man ... everybody was nailing the 143 yard targets ... and the 200 yard bell! Very satisfying.

Much more later.

Gary
October 19, 2010 04:50PM
I wondered why things were a bit quiet......now it turns out I was missing all the funEven sadder
Sniff
Neil
October 19, 2010 06:45PM
Hey - you were invited Neil. I can't help that you didn't want to fly a measly 15,000 miles to enjoy it with us .... laughing
Anonymous User
October 20, 2010 02:17AM
Thanks Kent , Jerry, man it's amazing how fast kids grow, great shooting Timmy, your going to bring that trophy home soon buddy.
Sounds like a great time with good eating and plenty of shooting with friends. Wish I could have made it, but priorities here just wouldn't allow it this year. Looking forward to plenty of pictures and video, we're still waiting to see Julio's new piece as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2010 02:21AM by Joe Hoover.
October 20, 2010 03:14AM
Hi Joe,

Can you believe ... I shot enough big bore to pinch the median nerve in my right arm somewhere. Middle fingers are all tingly and I can't stand to do much "mouse" work to process pics. Maybe later in the week.

Was a great time. Others will have to post some pics. ;?)

Here's Julio's gun ... all the clicking I can stand now.

a_julio_prairiehawk.jpg

8mm Prairie Hawk. Dedicated long range bench rifle. Pounding the heavy 143 yard knock overs and the heavy 200 yard steel bell was no contest. We found nothing but lead flakes. The bullets knocked over the steel targets well, and exploded in doing so.

Gary
Anonymous User
October 20, 2010 06:11AM
Now that's a bench gun, or long range deer gun in 8mm with the proper set up. Hard to tell by the photo but the finish almost has a marble look to it. Julio I know your loving that one, congratulations on owning such a fine piece.
Gary you did your homework on that one. Rest up for few days, I know as much fun as those shoots are they are still time on the job for you. Hopefully Jerry and Kent will post up a whole bunch of pics and video footage for the poor unfortunates who didn't make it.excited
October 20, 2010 06:12AM
I suspect Julio isn't going to have to worry about showing up at the range to find the next guy on the bench with one of HIS rifles. ; ) It's definately one of a kind, and looks the part!
October 21, 2010 12:40AM
Here's a shot of me taken by Timmy with the wiz bang Casio. He caught the muzzle blast on a shot at the "Bear", a 75 yrd shot.
1.jpg
This shot snakes its way beside a pine tree at 10 yards over a lot of brush and under some limbs. A satisfying clang signals success. All the shots this weekend were easy to score, hit/miss , clang /uncomfortable silence. No measuring or micrometer or ref required. You can see the "Sphinx" under the muzzle blast.

More to follow,

Kent
October 21, 2010 12:47AM
Hi Kent,

If you look, that's now the "Taco Sphinx" thanks to the Timber Wolf. laughing

Gary
October 21, 2010 12:48AM
Oh ... great pix BTW

Love those cameras. Hey - you have to post your movie ...

Gary
October 23, 2010 01:25AM
Gary brought the Timber Wolf, a 45 cal, Kentucky Rifle inspired, hidden sliding breech loader. Ol' Dan Boone would have been proud to own this one. This would have kept the pot full and the Indians away from the gate.rudolph
a_TimberWolf.jpg

This fabulous gun was shooting great all weekend, slapping down the heavy steel bigbore targets in a flash. The 45 Bishops were shooting very flat out to 143 yards. The 200 yd bell was also taking a beating.

Here's a different perspective of the Timber Wolf 45 slug. This was a 50 yard shot. Not much of a rainbow here!

[www.youtube.com]

DUCK!!!

Kent
October 29, 2010 05:20AM
Dang made me blink for sure!!eye popping smiley

Joe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021