Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Random Pics - Loosely Related (PICS FIXED NOW)

Random Pics - Loosely Related (PICS FIXED NOW)
November 09, 2010 09:27PM
This is the stuff that happens when you always have a digital camera in your pocket. ;?)

a_HillbillyWilly.jpg

On our trip to Mississippi, for the shoot, we ran across a place called "Hillbilly Willy's". A Bar-B-Que place. They had "Willy" painted on the concrete floor as you walked in. I woke up the place by taking a pic! whistling

a_NiceDoggy.jpg

In a parking lot, Kelly spotted this character in his Hummer ... hahahh

a_trieditathome.jpg

Saw this Tee shirt in a shop we stopped at ....

a_busywork.jpg

I travel with a hand full of tools, some polished stones, and some sterling silver wire. In the evenings, I occupy my mind with some work which becomes Christmas gifts, etc. I can do this just sitting on a couch, at a coffee table.

a-leaves.jpg

And then, we were home. Always good to get back. And, the trees had dropped their leaves. We move them to the front of the property each of several Monday mornings. From there, the town vacuum truck sucks them up. What a pile this Monday brought.

aa_house.jpg

And, under the leaves, I found this house! haaha

a_Sunset_town.jpg

Taken from that Wagon Wheel Window up under the Eves ... the Town at Sunset.

a_Sunset.jpg

Beautiful that evening.

Just a few pics I wanted to share. Always more in the camera. We'll see what's there another time ...

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2010 01:03AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Random Pics - Loosely Related
November 09, 2010 09:50PM
Hi Gary:

What a beautiful sunset. artist The guy in the Hummer doesn’t look like he has too many friends.doggie

Man you got a nice house; and I wouldn’t like to be around when it’s time to do the maintenance, specially painting it.

Julio
Re: Random Pics - Loosely Related
November 10, 2010 12:36AM
Thanks Julio,

hahaha. That's vinyl siding and windows ... so ... painting isn't so bad. However; I'm afraid I'm going to be around when the rest of the roof needs to be replaced. 116 years ... nothing lasts anymore!!! hahahah.

Gary

I've been working on it for almost 31 years. There seems to be no danger of running out of things to do. I've worked on the furnace twice this past week. Getting pretty cold here at nights now. Having to get everything used to the idea of ... one ... more .... Winter! Snowman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2010 01:07AM by barnespneumatic.
November 10, 2010 05:28AM
Gary,

Nice stuff!

Sometimes I feel like packing up and moving to a more scenic, serene place but I have Miami in my blood. I always feel like I'm missing something when I'm not here.

I doubt I'll retire here though, have any space up there in the attic?

why me

Lon
November 11, 2010 07:49PM
"Miami in the blood" . . . I hear there's a shot for that Lon. sunny

The place is lookin' good Gary. I have to find some time to do some "leaf cleanup" this weekend. Bagging / collecting isn't an option . . . I blow them all onto the lawn and mulch them with several passes of the tractor. Perfect! Green bowing

-- Jim
November 11, 2010 11:12PM
Yeah ... that works. I suspect a house in the middle of the woods isn't the place to get real picky about having leaves in the yard. hahah.

Wow ... every season has it's attempt to work you to death. pushingarock

Gary
November 11, 2010 01:29AM
Great pics Gary! "festive" I love my Casio but it isn't always around my neck. I've been trying my phone camera for a few months but it doesn't have adequate quality for nice pics like these.

It's great that your artistic eye crosses over to so many medias and that you've developed them for all of us to enjoy.

I don't know if its an optical aberration, but the leaves seem to blend right into the trees and street.

Thanks for sharing,

Kent
November 11, 2010 01:26PM
Thanks Kent,

I have been real satisfied with this latest pocket camera. Nikon S8000. It's on the edge of being "pocket" slim .... but works for me. Has some great features and pic quality.

That windrow of leaves was about thigh deep ... quite a bunch of them. And, I've gathered a lot more since then. These trees have no mercy on an old guy ... hahah.

Gary
November 11, 2010 11:24PM
Gary:
That is a beautiful sunset picture; you have quite an eye for photography. I also have to compliment you on the wire wrap jewelry. Beautiful work. I am sure your family will love them.

Karl
November 12, 2010 02:14AM
Thank you Karl,

I do enjoy both the photography and the jewelry. Ya know ... Kelly has a nice eye for pics. She's taken some great shots of Hawks that I helped her get close enough to ... by turning the car around ... whistling like the guy in Caddy Shak set the Hawk's mind at ease ... hahah.

Yeah ... ya know ... when you are known for "making stuff" as much as I am, it's harder to give a pr. of socks to someone for Christmas. hahah,.

coffee
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021