Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Hi Good day everyone, I am a new member who is interesting for airgun

Hi Good day everyone, I am a new member who is interesting for airgun
November 17, 2010 09:45AM
Hello everyone,

It's very nice to join this airgun forum. smileys with beer
My name is Julian, living in Taiwan now.
Play airgun is my biggest hobby in my life.
But unfortunately, my country is not allowed to import the airgun by personal.
Therefore, I have to buy the legal airgun in the gun shop of Taiwan, but it's very expensive.

I had tried to build airgun by myself before. Till now, I didn't make a success airgun by myself without enough skill and good instruction book.
So, I ask someone here can do me a favor to learn more skill and get the guide book for airgun manufacturing.
Or tell me where I can buy the book in the internet.
I will appreciate your kindly help to provide some information for me.
Maybe I also can share the good experience of airguin shooting to everyone someday.

If you can share some information to me, feel free to contact me
My E-mail address is chang.julian@gmail.com.

If I make any mistake in this forum, please forgive me in first time joining.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Julian
November 17, 2010 11:23AM
Welcome aboard Julian!
Sadly, I don't think there is a guidebook to airgun making. Lot's of bits and pieces on the internet though.
November 17, 2010 02:16PM
Hello Julian,

Welcome. We hope you enjoy posting and commenting here.

I never found a book Julian. It hasn't been written yet, as far as I know. You need a very good background in machine work. So; books that teach you to become a machinist are part of the equation. You need to acquire a knowledge of how airguns function. Much of that can be learned by working on production airguns. The touches that make the airguns attractive, would be learned thru art books.

It seems that an airgunsmith, must first be very good at accumulating knowledge and supplies, from a vast number of different places.

Please enjoy our discussions, and join in.

Best,
Gary
November 17, 2010 11:15PM
Welcome Julian. It's nice to have a new member from Taiwan!
November 18, 2010 05:03AM
Julian,

Welcome.

Do you have the machines needed to make an air gun?

Lon
November 19, 2010 12:24AM
Many thanks for all of you.

It's my pleasure to join this forum.
I will try to read more mechanical books and design the air gun by myself.
So please kindly help and support me if I get some problem when I make the air gun.
That is my great appreciation if you have any good information to share with me

Have you a nice weekend!!

Best Regards,

Julian shooter
Hi Julian glad to have you here. I am always hesitant about guys trying to build an airgun, especially people with no machining background. I have on several occasions talked myself into and then out of building my own airgun. Precisely for the reason I stated above, I know just enough about machining to get myself hurt. I have however did a good amount of research on building airguns and will someday soon make my own. The website listed below does have some good information and list several publications that can be bought to help you in your build. Mr. Buckley does a good job in his books using layman terms that even I can understand. The catch is you will need the equipment, skill and experience to make a safe modern precharged high pressure airgun.
Start with the only high quality materials and be prepared to mess up along the way.

[airgundevelopment.com]
November 25, 2010 08:13PM
hi , welcome to the site , theres a lot of good reading over at garys other site too , the grid will fill hours , then weeks , then months of your life , good luck with the project.
November 26, 2010 09:21AM
Hi Joe, I am much appreciated your recommend for Mr. Buckley book. But where can I buy this book ?
In my country, I think no one to sell this kind of book. I also visited your website (airgundevelopment) to find some information for Mr. Buckley.
And I also wrote a mail to him couple weeks ago to buy the book. Till now, he didn't reply me yet.
So could you help me to find out where can I buy this book ??[/size][/size]

Many appreciations for you if you can teach and guide me to buy the book.

Have you a nice weekend!!

Julian
Hi Julian,
Here is his postal address and web address. As far as I know his books are for sale over in Europe. Give him some time to respond, seems like it was about a month or more before he emailed me back so have patience. I would check on the British Airgun Forum for information on where to purchase other than directly from Mr. Buckley. Check the links for dealers found on there too. Just do a google search for British Airgun Forum and you can find the link. I would also google H. M. Buckley as well. There are many sites to download the book as an E-book if you have a reader or can get one. Here is one site [rapiddigger.com]

Here is another good forum but you will need to request membership to join..
[forums.delphiforums.com]

Modern Pneumatic Airgun
East Lodge, Snaith Road
East Corwick, Goole
East Yorkshire
DN14 9DA England

Email: hmbuckley100@hotmail.com
Mr. Buckley will respond to your letters and email. Give him
sometime to respond.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2010 01:24AM by Joe Hoover.
December 01, 2010 08:07AM
Hi Joe,

I really don't know how to present my great appreciation for your kindly help to provide that information.
I will follow your suggestion to contact the website and try to download Mr. Buckley’s book.
I also will be patience to wait for Mr. Buckley feedback.
Perhaps I will directly call Mr. Buckley’s company to ask how to purchase the book.

Thanks for your help again!
Have you nice day.
Julian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021