Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Winter Break

Winter Break
February 02, 2009 03:15PM
I've returned from a business/break get-away. Had a nice time. Complete change of culture. Back in the shop now. I wanted to show you some pics.

Miss09Atlanta.jpg

I flew from BWI into Atlanta ...

Miss09NewOrleansApproach.jpg

And on to New Orleans.

Miss09FrenchQ.jpg

My host picked me up, and drove us to a Cafe' in the French Quarter of New Orleans

Miss09LunchNewOrleans.jpg

Where my diet changed to "Cajun" for the next week.

Miss09test303splat@100.jpg

Back at home, we tested the zero of our rifles. Here's the remains of my 303 grain slug after hitting the 100 yard knock over steel plate. Not alot of lead left in the splat!

Miss09loadup.jpg

We loaded up, including our transport for our hunt (an electric 4WD Bad Boy Buggy - this thing has amazing torque).

Miss09huntcamp.jpg

4-5 hours later ... we rolled into hunting camp. Where we spent a few days avoiding deer. fudd

Miss09Delivery.jpg

The other purpose of my trip was the delivery of a rifle. We spent some nice hours shooting and documenting the characteristics of our guns.

I'll post the one hunt pic of my success in the hunting section.

Nice time. I was treated to the full bore of Southern Hospitality, and some fine food.

Good to be home again too. take a bow

Gary
February 02, 2009 05:45PM
Welcome back. Glad you had a great trip.

Cindy and I love New Orleans, though we haven't been there since before Katrina. We got engaged on the porch of the Cornstalk Hotel. smileys with beer

Plus, The Big Easy has the best food in the universe.

-- Jim
February 04, 2009 07:08PM
its nice to get away , but its nice to get home too , glad you enjoyed the trip , pics are good too ,
looking forwards to seeing the rest.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021