Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: End of year hareing...

End of year hareing...
December 31, 2010 05:38AM
It has been a good end to the year hare-wise....well for me, not for the hares! On Boxing Day I shot this hare at 94 yards with the Falcon .22.
Photobucket
It was a difficult shot, steeply uphill and I didn't have the bipod on so I rested on my Bushnell range-finding binoculars, like this:
Photobucket
And today, New Year's Eve morning, at just after 7.00 am, I looked across into my neighbour's paddock and saw 4 decent sized hares. I lasered this one at 127 yards and fired. It stood there for a few seconds then rolled over dead in the long grass
Photobucket
Here's the view across to where I shot it
Photobucket
Not a bad end to the old year...
Cheers and Happy New Year
Neil
December 31, 2010 05:21PM
Hello Neil!

happy New Year to you. I think, by now ... it's 2011 there. I hope it's a great one for you and your family. ;?)

I've appreciated your posts this year past.

I'm assembling a Victory 32 today. Just completed the trigger block a while ago. Wish me luck! Still have to make the stock ... but that's a pc. O cake compared to the rest.

God Bless,
Gary
January 01, 2011 06:26AM
Thanks Gary, I hope 2011 brings good fortune to you and your family.
We haven't had such a great start to the year here in Christchurch...the earthquakes have returned and we got a decent shake which caused more damage in town on Boxing Day, and another smaller one today, so you never know what is around the corner!!
Won't stop me from shootin' airguns thoughshooter
All the best
Neil
January 01, 2011 02:57PM
HI Neil,

I hope nobody makes a connection between you shooting airguns, and all the earthquakes ... whistling

hahah.

Stay safe. Watch out for those big birds that chase you ... haha

Gary
January 02, 2011 12:53AM
Great hunting post Neil! I have the twin to that Falcon, my first PCP. I bought it at Standing Stone IV. Gary had just sold the Hoss 45 to Peter? and I had an itch for a PCP. I was amazed at how accurate it was compare to a much to powerful gas springer that jumped out of my hand with each shot. I must admit I never got the long range success you've mastered. You've got the number on those bunnies.

Happy New Year! Keep shooting straight ! shooter

Kent
January 02, 2011 08:00PM
Great shooting Neil. You have the Falcon and scope combo perfectly dialed in for long range pest control.

Hopefully the quakes stop and the year goes great!
January 04, 2011 05:31AM
Thanks Gary, Kent and Jerry
No more quakes so far (fingers crossed!) and hoping to keep shootin' and huntin' even more so this new yearexcited
All the best
Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021