Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A hare taunted me....

A hare taunted me....
October 17, 2012 08:04PM
It's been way too long since I did some shooting. Tonight a hare was taunting me across the valley, sitting there staring at me whilke I cooked tea. There was a llittle more wind than I would have liked, but I had been taunted long enough, so out came the Falcon .22. I lasered the hare at 112 yards, dialed it in on the scope knob, and a quiet "pop" later it rolled over a couple of times and that was it. Hawk fodder.
It's been way too long since I did some shooting. Tonight a hare was taunting me across the valley. There was a llittle more wind than I would have liked, but I had been taunted long enough, so out came the Falcon .22. I lasered the hare at 112 yards, dialed it in on the scope knob, and a quiet "pop" later it rolled over a couple of times and that was it. Hawk fodder.
Not the best photos sorry, but you'll get the idea, it's mid-picture just above the trees
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here's the weapon...
Photobucket
It's nice to get shooting again.
Cheers
Neil
October 17, 2012 08:51PM
You clearly have it dialed in. winking smiley

Good job. Thks.

I've been gathering stuff (in my mind's eye) to shoot as well. Must get that done. A hair taunted me today too. We were in the truck readyvto make a supply run. When ... Taunt, taunt .... I had to back Into the house for scissors. Snip, snip. One less mustache hair down! Those will drive you nuts. It happened to me!!! excited

grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2012 08:55PM by barnespneumatic.
October 17, 2012 09:43PM
Hi Neil,

Great story! These days it’s not hard to overwhelm the air gun’s enthusiast crowd with a simple story. You really still got it. Aren’t the hares good for eating? I’m also having hair issues, it won’t settle, I’ve tried different gels and hair products but… I better get a haircut…

Leaving the jokes above, you did a very difficult task, and that is to take a rifle out without any practice and hitting a small quarry at 112 yds. Good for you!bowing

Best,

Julio
October 18, 2012 12:51AM
I am sitting on my front porch. 68 degrees f. Watching the sprinklers run. My hair is a mess from working. I need a haircut too Julio. smileys with beer. We better not let Neil do it though! excited. Haha.

I intended to shoot some today. Didn't happen. But it will soon.

Great for showing us the way Neil!! Good Chap!!

Gary
October 18, 2012 02:54AM
Another excellent shot Neil. You and that Falcon got it going on man.....WOW! I love long distance shooting.

Thanx for sharing.bowing
October 18, 2012 04:58AM
Great shot. I would have to practice for years before I could do that.bowing

Lon
October 18, 2012 07:15AM
Cheers guys
I have hair problems too. For some unknown reason my forehead seems to be growing and pushing my hair towards the back of my head, where it seems to be falling out all by itself. Perhaps Dr Phil can explain to me what is going on hair. I suspect it is a communist plot, but that is only hairsay.
But about the Falcon, one thing I continue to be amazed about is the consistency of this gun. Ever since I set up the scope tape, it just keeps shooting spot on, whenever I pick it up. There is nothing like repeatability.shooter
Regards
Neil
October 18, 2012 02:22PM
Hi Neil,
That consistency problem can be corrected. whistling. Haha
You definitely have a keeper there. smileys with beer
October 21, 2012 06:43PM
very nice shot....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021