Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Got a pair this morning

Got a pair this morning
November 29, 2009 06:19AM
First thing this morning it was calm and sunny, and I strolled out on the back deck wondering if I should go hunting or shoot some targets. I looked up the valley to where my 100 yards target board is and saw 2 bunnies. So I snuck off to the garage and grabbed the Falcon (too quiet and early on a Sunday morning for a big bore...) and my range-finder.
They were still hanging about so I set up a deck chair to rest on and lasered the bunnies at 107 yards. I clicked the scope knob to 107 and lined up the first one. About half a second before I pulled the trigger, they both began to play and ran off down the hill out of sight. But for once I was patient, and after a few minutes they reappeared, now at 78 yards. They were behind a wire fence and just above the tops of some flax bushes, making the shot a little more difficult. I clicked down and popped the first one. I was surprised that number two hung around, oblivious of impending doom, and it quickly followed the first one to bunny heaven.

Then off to watch our All Black rugby team give the French team a hiding. A good start to the daygrinning smiley
Cheers
Neil
November 29, 2009 04:01PM
Well done Neil. A good way to start the day.
December 17, 2009 01:48AM
Neil,

I missed this one till now.knucklehead That some precise shooting. A Falcon FN12 in 22 was my first PCP as well. Shot the most recent challenge target with it. Very precise but not big bore by any stretch. Great fun for quiet shooting with the moderator.

Kent
December 17, 2009 06:22AM
Thanks guys.
Kent, you're right about the quiet shooting bit. I can pop a bunny on the front lawn first thing in the morning without waking the family. Definitely a bonusgrinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021