Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Squirrel Hunting

February 21, 2010 02:32AM
Hey Joe,
This is how we do it in Mississippi! This is a pic of my son Kyle at 5 with a couple of critters.

The details of the hunt include Kyle pointing out the rabbit as I'm giving him pointers on what to look for, dark eye, flick of an ear etc. He just says "like that one there?" Of course, I ask "Where?" We made a good team though. A single 14 gn 22 cal JSB Exact from the Falcon landed perfectly and the rabbit cut a back flip and was still. I'll bet you've seen this reaction to the head shot with your bunnies as well.

Please note the bare feet. It's so hard to keep shoes on these kids!

If Gary would help me with the fox population I might have a real bunny haven around here. As Gary can attest, around here one rabbit screams and fox come running from every direction! Makes for real quiet rabbits!

BTW this was pre-Barnes ownership. I had purchased this Falcon as my first PCP at Standing Stone IV from Van at AirHog. It's still fun to shoot, accurate and quiet with the "barrel extension".

Kent
Kyle hunt bag 4.jpg
February 21, 2010 06:07PM
Hi Kent,

As I recall, you and 'ta missus wanted to purchase a 25 Liberty (which I'd just sold) ... and I'm sorry it caused you to have to wander in the wilderness afterwards. whistling At least you ended up with a good bunny whacker (until you could get your Chief Justice 87 ... grinning smiley )

Now ... looking at the pic ... I do hope Kyle didn't shoot himself in the foot! stunned Perhaps a bit O bunny dripping there?

Gary
February 24, 2010 03:15AM
Good eye Gary! That lil bit o blood didn't phase the fella. He still runs the whole property in bare feet. Only the raspberry canes slow him down. Be does leave quite a ring in the bathtub though.

It worked out well, cutting my teeth on that first Falcon. Van didn't steer me wrong with the 4500 psi carbon fiber tank and regulator. That spread the start up expense out a little waiting for next chance at a Barnes.

Hope the needle point goes well,

Kent
February 24, 2010 01:38PM
Hi Kent,

We start the needle point classes this Thursday again. Thanks. Thanks for your willingness to accept me it your clinic. However; the closed airports, five feet of snow, and my truck crushed under my car port sort of put a damper on that plan. I'll never plan ahead again. Look at the devastation it caused! why me

haha.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021