Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Finally got to hunt something

Finally got to hunt something
July 04, 2010 08:22AM
..even if it was with my smallbore....This Sunday morning (NZ time) I got up a bit later than usual, just as it was getting light, and before going to let the dogs out of the garage I looked out onto the front lawn and saw a dark shape about 10 yards away, which on closer examination turned out to be a hare. So the "hunt" began...I had to sneak down the hallway to the garage (the family were asleep), open the gun cabinet quietly, pull out the Falcon, sneak around the back of the house to the deck, and...it had gone. I looked around for a bit, then Mr Hare hopped into sight, about 30 yards away. He stood up on his hind legs, very nervous and alert. I lined up his chest and let fly. There was a decent "thwock" and he ran about 15 yards across the lawn, before stopping to examine his wound. His back was to me so I lined up between his shoulder blades and this time he went down instantly. He was quite a big fella...
Photobucket
The first shot was a clean pass through his shoulder area, breaking one leg and sending a cloud of fur flying...
Photobucket
Tough though, he didn't seem all that troubled by that first shot.
The hawks (I counted at least three) had a fine feast today.
Cheers
Neil
July 04, 2010 05:08PM
fudd

Thanks for the post Neil!

Happy July 4th ... hehe. Even though you have to live in that beautiful place where ya are. thumbs up Somebody's got to do it!

smileys with beer

Gary
July 05, 2010 07:25AM
Happy 4th of July to you Gary!
The hawks enjoyed it here smiling smiley
Cheers
Neil
July 05, 2010 05:55PM
He is a big one. Almost as long as your rifle

Nice shot
July 06, 2010 03:46PM
Well done, thanks for sharing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 38
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021