Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A Christmas BB gun story....

A Christmas BB gun story....
January 17, 2011 10:55PM
I gave my 11 years old nephew a Red Rider BB gun for Christmast present. I don't have any kids, and I really wanted to pass my love for guns and hunting to someone in my family. None of my family is a hunter. My sister(hismom) is afraid of guns, that is why it took me so long to introduce my nephew to gun. So I had to talked her in, her husband is ok with it. I'm very glad that they ok to it. I took my nephew to the Walmart store and bought him one. He was so excited when we walked over to the airgun section. His eyes lit up when he saw those guns, I could tell that he really like and fascinated by them. I want him to started out with the low powered BB gun first and to learn about all the safety and handlings. Later on I will get him some nicer one. What I did was planning a "seed" to his mind, so later on in life I'm sure he will pickup a gun and go to hunt with it, just like I did when I was introduced to airgun as a kid and become a gun's lover and hunter as an adult.

He doesn't know that his uncle(me) has a big collection of airguns and firearms. I will surprise him with them later on. Most of my gun's collection probably will go to him in the future if he had become an airgun and firearm's lover and if I still can't find a son of my own. I hope he become a doctor when he grow up so he can get some nice Barnes guns he..he.
January 17, 2011 11:37PM
Great story Peter. I'm kind of doing the same thing with my nephew. I don't have any sons yet, so he and I shoot when I have the time. Now that's all he wants to do when he sees me! It's a good thing I suppose.

By the way, I'm up for adoption if you're looking for a place for your gunswhistling
January 18, 2011 12:07AM
Sure Griffin, I can adopt you, you can have my fortune of guns he..he.. I need an airgun hunting partner really bad, it gets lonely hunting by myself sometimes he..he..

I believe most kids when introduced to airguns at young age would be fascinated by them and would become gun's lover and hunters later in life.
January 18, 2011 12:33AM
Hello Peter,

Hey - give me your nephew's cell phone # ... hahaha. What kind of a Dr. do you think he'll become? hahahah. laughing

Kidding.

Hey - that was nice of you. And that's the correct way to start.

You know, I almost bought a Red Ryder myself, a month ago. I was in Wal-Mart .... and would have ... but they didn't have any. I was going to try to get some shooting competition going, on the forum, with all of us having Red Ryder's ... hahah. Still think it might be a good idea.

I looked again the other day. All they have is some smaller looking branded stock thing. I forget the logo .... have to look again.

I hope you have fun with your nephew. Hey - you will always have something to talk about - and you can always bring some BBs for a gift to him.

fudd

Thanks for the post

Gary
January 18, 2011 12:55AM
Yeah Gary, I already gave him your number and told him that you're the greatest bigbore builder of all time, he's gonna give you a call 20 years from now he..he..I'm sure you still be around pumping out bigbores at that time....he..he.
January 18, 2011 04:47AM
Peter,

Great story. Some things are timeless, little boys wanting a BB gun is one of these things.

Lonwow
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021