Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Tofaz, Neil .... street addy needed

Tofaz, Neil .... street addy needed
February 21, 2011 08:41PM
a_308pelletsHP2.jpg

a_308pelletsHP3.jpg

308 Pellets. One is 53.7 grains .... one is 46.12 grains. They should scream. Jerry proved the regular 32 caliber ones at over 1,200 fps.

The Hollow point bullet is 91.2 grains. It's an experimental design. Let's see if it works.

BTW ... if we're friends, and you have a 308, you've posted shooting materials here, and are a regular participant ... drop me a PM.

Let's see if these things fly! I've got some guns to finish. Have to proof the barrel/slug system is up to standards.

Gary
February 21, 2011 08:50PM
OK ... second topic. Let's pry some of that knowledge out of you.

What's the market price for custom cast hollow points? Do people actually purchase them at whatever that price point is. Let's see if they are worth doing. The tooling is extremely well made, and I wonder if there will be a return on it.

I've made my tooling so that it drops the slugs @ .310". I know that will make the slugs more inclusive, for more guns. It's been my understanding, that a lot of .308s, like .310" better. These slugs are designed to cover the bases.

Should be a real neat addition. Can't wait to see some results.

They should all be screaming fast. excited

Gary
February 21, 2011 09:40PM
Yes these should really fly! Looking forward to giving them a run...

Thanks

Neil
February 21, 2011 10:28PM
This makes me wish I had a .308. Those look great Gary! For what I do with my airguns, I'd rather have a lighter faster slug than worry about ultimate power. Those lighter ones are right up my alley.

As for price point, I'd check this out. All he does is hollow points and he's been at it for a while.
February 21, 2011 10:51PM
Thanks Griffin,

Quite a variety there. They look great.

Gary
February 21, 2011 10:45PM
I'd love to give them a try, but the local county range won't let me shoot my bb guns. Something about tanks exploding. I need to start looking for a new range, or someone with a little land out in the sticks.
February 21, 2011 10:55PM
Hi Keith,

That's a bummer. Just an idea off the top of my head .... I'll bet there's a fireman in the shooting club there. He could vouch for the tanks. If you can run into a burning building, and knock them all around ...

Heck .... don't they watch Mythbusters? hahah. You can shoot AT the things and they won't explode.

Yeah ... might as well buy a nice ranch down there, and be done with it.

;?)

Gary
February 22, 2011 06:26AM
Gary,

If they shoot half as good as they look they're a homerun.

Between those and the .308 tubes I'm feeling real impulsive.hot smiley

Lon
February 22, 2011 08:55AM
I'm suddenly finding myself VERY interested in .308 slug designs...grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021