Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I did some HAWG tuning .... PICS

I did some HAWG tuning .... PICS
October 10, 2011 03:09AM
a_HAWG62_25.jpg

Got excellent results with the effort. I corrected the moderator alignment issue.

a_Hawg_power_adjust.jpg

I also added power adjust. While doing that, I wound it up a bit more. It's now shooting Kodiaks @ 1,224 fps for 100.6 fpe with the pellet. We weighed 5 and averaged them to 30.22 grains.

a_1253fps25Buckshot.jpg

The buckshot ball just sizzles along at 1,253 fps. Makes one heck of a sonic crack.

Ah ... the "We". I'd been texting Julio and Jerry to sort out a few technical questions regarding slugs. As I got ready to retest the gun after today's work, I asked Jerry to join in by cell. He ran the numbers for me. Kept company for the testing.

I shot the Barnes Daisycutter 25 slug (60.3 grains) @ 951 for 121.13 foot pounds. That will be a good round as I know it's very accurate.

The supersonic rounds REALLY cracked in the shop. I mean ear painful loud crack. That was thru the gun's moderator AND the huge shop MUZZLER. The supersonic round just ignores both and rings your bell. When I shot the big 60.3 grain Daisycutter at 951 for 121.13 foot pounds, it seemed almost silent by comparison.

a_Hawg.jpg

I then turned the gun way down, and got the Kodiaks to fly around 650 fps. This gun is gonna have an enormous power range. The orig. HAWG was capable of about 335 fpe. I'm sure this will beat that.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2011 03:33AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: I did some HAWG tuning ....
October 10, 2011 03:20AM
Hi Gary,

I'm amazed by the numbers reported on the Hawg. Everything seems to be falling into place. Congratulations! I hope to see it soon in action.

Julio
Re: I did some HAWG tuning .... PICS
October 10, 2011 03:44AM
The most amazing thing about the design is that I can remove the 25 rifled insert in about 20-30 seconds. Open the breech and toss in a 62 caliber slug, and break cinder blocks! From Supersonic screamer to Sledge hammer in under a minute.

I know, I know. It's killing me too. You realize I can think of it, figure how to build it, and make it ... but I don't collect it. It keeps the lights on so I can see to finish the ledger projects.

USA!  USA!

Gary
October 10, 2011 05:03AM
Those are crazy (great) numbers from that gun. Or any air gun for that matter..lol.

That's also a very nice looking rifle GB. WOW!
October 10, 2011 03:40PM
Well, Nobody talked about the stock yet. With that wide range in the power set upsmiling smiley . Grain patterns like that are rare. First picture that really revealed the pattern. Dory
October 10, 2011 07:26PM
I can't wait for the update. I'll bet there is news coming soon! smiling bouncing smiley
October 10, 2011 08:24PM
The Sponge Bobs were against me Jerry. I'm back. Story in it's own blip.

Gary
October 11, 2011 04:16PM
Love the lines of that gun.hot smiley

Lon
October 23, 2011 10:24AM
its that schnabel front end , i know someone who has been a fan of them for ages ... lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021