Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Starting to Finish

Starting to Finish
September 17, 2012 01:51AM
We're getting to the chapter I've been peeking forward to read. When the prep. work starts to pay off.

The bulk of the machinery, tools, and supplies have been moved. The new building has been gained. I'm arranging to get electricity in that building. It's been insulated (which means it's function in Florida - before it was just a toaster oven).

Now, I can begin partitions, benches, shelves, and setting things in a function pattern. It may not be the final layout - but it will mean that I once again have a shop. I can once again find most of my tools. I can work (other then on the floor or the truck tailgate). Things will start to become "real". And - we will begin the "finish" of the project.

There are still many things to complete in Maryland. I wish it were farther along. But - we've stuck a wedge in anywhere we've seen a crack - and beat on it with mallets. Things will move. We will keep at it.

I know it's been a long process - even to read about. Most comments express the idea that we've accomplished much, at a good pace. That's true. And we have used any forced down time (waiting for something or someone) to process any other part of the move we could. Anything that might lead to a "CHECK" on the list indicating something complete.

In the background - beyond the move - life has gone on pretty much as has been the norm for us. Nothing took a vacation because we decided to move. Whomever makes a comment of truth; deserves to be quoted. "Life is what happens while you are making other plans" or something like that ... is quite true. We've done the best to meet needs all around.

Thank you, once again; for your patience. I just want to feel decent, work hard, accomplish many of my goals, see my family's needs met, and have it be said that I was an honorable man. That takes my alotted 24/7. It will be very rewarding when the balance of the day's efforts shift to completing my obligations - flowing out of these new shops. We're getting there. I hope you will find it of interest, to see that work.

Best,
Gary
September 18, 2012 01:10AM
Good luck, Gary, I look forward to seeing your progress.
September 18, 2012 01:29AM
Thanks Doug.

I'm right "on the cusp" as they say. Just ready to start putting up shelves. Benches. All the things that make it live as a shop.
Wish all the Maryland stuff were complete. But it keeps dragging me back. Also, I've really stretched my injection schedule this time. Cancelled the second round to be rescheduled. Have to beat it back for the third round. I'm suffering for it. Gonna be a long drive back, but we accomplished an enormous amount this cycle. Next one will really get into the meat of things.

Thanks for commenting.
Gary
September 18, 2012 05:29AM
"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon
September 18, 2012 06:45AM
It's making me tired just reading about it. Moving sucks, no two ways about it. Tons of work just to get back to where it's almost as organized as when you started, minus the inevitable wear and tear that the process invites.

In this case though, I think the end result will be worth it.
September 19, 2012 03:41AM
Glad to hear all the work is moving steadily forward. Your setup should make things a lot better than the previous version. Hope to see some chips flying soon, I know you have the same sentiment. Safe trip!

Kent
September 19, 2012 07:58PM
Happy to hear you can see the end in sight. I know that makes you happy. Drive safe, & i hope the MD swing goes smoothly for a change.smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021