Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Orion Hog Hunt!

Orion Hog Hunt!
March 07, 2013 02:32AM
I'll drop in the pics here with photobucket ... Then edit with the keyboard for the story. Our friend Estes, texted me these pics from his Hog Hunt of March 2-4.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Estes with Orion. Pic taken at the Outfitter's farm.

Estes with his son James. A successful hunt! Estes was shooting a Barnes Yukon ORION 62. His slug was the 62 caliber, 620 grain Barnes Meteor. Estes tells me that James used a Remington 700 5r in 308 in an Eberlestock M11 chassis.

They tracked the hogs eight miles in the snow. Well Done Gentlemen!

Some fine looking meat ready for the freezer!

Wait! I suspect .....

Some if that meat isn't gonna get to the freezer! Haha. Yummmmm. Looks magnificent.

I told Estes that a couple outfitters I've hunted with asked me to proof my gun and my shooting skill before they agreed to let me hunt. They didn't want me to wound game with my little BB gun. They expected a little "puff" when fired. They stood, slack jawed after I fired. Haha. Never tire if that. Estes told me ... "I just showed them a slug". Haha. He said they were "breathless" after seeing that. And he said "the hog was breathless too - after being introduced to the slug!" bad dude

Thanks very much Estes! I'm really glad to see my rifle enjoyed. And it was great to get feedback via story and pics!

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2013 03:27AM by barnespneumatic.
March 07, 2013 06:15AM
Well done!

My mouth started to water when I saw the cooked pork.wow

Lon
March 07, 2013 03:32PM
Hi Estes,

What a great way to show to us that the Orion will be in good use. Congratulations for having a great hunt with your son.fudd

Julio
March 07, 2013 05:40PM
It was a lot of fun. To be able to spend time like that with your kids is amazing. The Orion will be going on many hunts. Looking to trade my Barnes Prairie ll for a Barnes field gun for my sons. If any body is interested let me know. About the Orion and the Meteor the Hog went from full run to dead in one step. Just what you want for the animal.

All the best,
Estes
March 09, 2013 12:12AM
SUPER Hunt Estes!!! Thrilled to see a gun in the field with game in the bag no less. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out You did Gary proud. Pipe smokerThere has to be a story to go with a 8 mile stalk ending with 2 hogs. Hope to see more of all on the forum.

Kent
Anonymous User
March 09, 2013 02:01PM
Great story for a bb gun, many people do not understand how powerful an air rifle can be. Great hunting....
March 12, 2013 01:28AM
OH MY GOD! This is a most awesome post Estes. It had story, pics, guns, hogs, and bbq'd hogs...lol!

Can't get any better than this!
March 12, 2013 06:56AM
Great hunt, and at last a Barnes on the battlefield!fudd
Cheers
Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021