Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A group with the GM Carbine

A group with the GM Carbine
August 25, 2014 07:06AM
I cast up some 119 grain round ball from a Lyman mold, and at 40 yards, offhand, these were the first 3 shots on Sunday afternoon:
 photo GM1_zpsbb670e51.jpg
The Green Machine looks very capable of delivering the goodssmiling smiley
 photo GM2_zpsbd669142.jpg
I'm not a great offhand shooter so this gun definitely makes me look good! Now I have to work on a hunt........

Now for some more scenery.....first, my favourite early Autumn sunrise taken some months ago:
 photo 20140517_073015_zpsadeefe0f.jpg
And last Sunday's morning run in the hills yielded this:
 photo Sunday1_zps50b04928.jpg
Nature has a way of uplifting a dull day!
Cheers
Neil
August 25, 2014 08:40AM
I like the G~Machine . I even like the color too! Looks pretty dialed in to me too . What's the next season ( big game) you have plans for ?
August 27, 2014 06:35AM
Hi Kurt
I'm hoping for a feral goat hunt soon, but a pig or a small deer may also be in the frame...
Cheers
Neil
August 25, 2014 03:14PM
Neil,

That is some fine shooting. Well done. bowing

I'll agree that nature, from that hillside; has a beautiful face. Just amazing. Enjoy.

Gary
August 27, 2014 06:47AM
Thanks Gary.
It would be nice to find some prey up on those hills,but unfortunately there is nothing to be seen stunned
Cheers
Neil
August 28, 2014 06:32PM
Hi Neil ...

Yeah - I looked ... Didnt see anything .... whistling

But then ... Heck .... I'd toss down my rifle .... Break into "The Hills Are Alive ... With the Sound of Music!!!" Go Spinning and Waltzing over Hill and Dale ...

grinning smiley
August 27, 2014 03:18PM
Neil,

Well done on many levels. I don't practice offhand enough to be any good.

Beautiful pictures as usual.

Lon
August 28, 2014 02:11AM
Excellent group Neil! Thanks for posting and sharing with us. You certainly live in a beautiful place.
August 28, 2014 03:20PM
Very nice. The country there looks a lot like SouthEast Alaska...minus the succulents, of course! Very similar terrain, with the steep hillsides and the islands.

The carbine looks like fun, and you're certainly not going to be seeing another one just like it at the next shooting bench over when you go to the range. smiling smiley
September 02, 2014 11:54PM
Hi Neil,

Nice shooting! Off hand is difficult. 40 yards, that is good shooting at .480 c to c!

I would never get tired of the natural back drop that you share! Simply amazing!

Thanks for sharing,

Pedro
September 09, 2014 07:46AM
Thanks Gary, Julio, Lon, Sean and Pedro. There's a chance that I may get to hunt some feral goats with the carbine on some hilly terrain about 30 minutes drive from here...just need to get permission from the landowners. I'll keep you posted fudd
Cheers
Neil
September 10, 2014 07:56PM
Hi Neil,

Good luck getting the permission to hunt. And happy hunting after that. Please keep us posted.

julio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021