Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Teaser!

Teaser!
September 07, 2014 03:26AM
image.jpg

Just enough that some will be able to recognize what the finished project will be. This is color laminated and stabalized birch laminations. Button lock mechanism. Stainless bladed folding hunter.

image.jpg

A joint venture with Kelly helping me in various tasks and procedures on our jewelry series. Only 15 Fridays before Christmas!!!

We will catalog and itemize quite a few pcs. we have made. This is a sampler, for a tease.

I hope you all can support our efforts here. There WILL be a new pen knife / cigar cutter combo too. More expedition cases. More Mill Scene Vest Pocket Knives.

AND .... The Outriders will be in build.

Last conversation with our Realtor: NOTHING is selling. They are one of the Largest Realtors in Maryland. Craig Northrop - with Long and Foster. Nothing is selling - they said lowering the price would do nothing. So we ride it out. Ride to the other side or over the falls. I'll keep working. My readers and friends will shop here and help - or watch the splash. We aren't asking for charity. We think you will find some interesting things here at a good price. You are gonna buy stuff for Christmas. Consider us. If you find better stuff cheaper, with a better pedigree - buy it.

Thanks Guys,
Gary
Sal
September 07, 2014 12:23PM
I see the elves have been busy!
September 09, 2014 07:48AM
Like that jewellery Gary!
That's frustrating about Maryland...is the area generally depressed to result in no-one buying, or is it seasonal or....?
House prices and sales are mad here, but that's a direct result of housing shortages due to the earthquakes wrecking tens of thousands of homes. I wouldn't wish that on Maryland though.
Regards
Neil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2014 07:54AM by neilmcp.
September 11, 2014 02:22PM
Hi Neil,
Not sure. It's 50 miles from Washington. All the roads leading out to New Windsor are full of those developments of McMansions touching each other (from the 600's). So - a mile farther for far, far less seems reasonable. That's the problem - Reason. Believe it or not - no matter - the Realtor says HGTV is ruining the market. Every person who looks at the online depiction - EXPECTS to see a "Show Home" just like on the 24/7 TV shows. Flat screen TV in the showers. 37 shower heads in the 10' by 12' glass shower. Etc. If you don't have that - click.
People want a Victorian - if it's had a $500k renovation .... For $150k.
I'm sure some see the immediate answer. We don't.

Thanks Neil!
Gary
September 09, 2014 03:40PM
That folder looks like it's going to be pretty nice. thumbs up

Who knows with the real-estate market. Yes, the overall market as a whole is supposed to be picking up, but local variations always seem to dominate the real picture. One area might be hot, while the next one over is flat or declining. Where I live the job situation seems to be largely responsible for sales; where there's jobs houses sell, where there aren't jobs, they don't.
Sal
September 10, 2014 03:22AM
I like the sunflower bracelet in the back, is that a hammered finish?
September 10, 2014 04:48AM
Hello Sal,

Yes it is. I use various hammers - ground and polished just so - to create the hammered finish. Glad you like the pc.

We have a number of bracelets. Just haven't gotten the time to photograph and catalog them. They are well priced, I think. Goal is to always sell more then we can make - so I hope we've hit it. ASAP.

Gary
September 10, 2014 09:42PM
I decided NOT to fool with that old 5 HP gas motor. I figured I'd probably spend hours chasing gremlins. Probably take the tank off and clean it. More then likely find no spark. Take the cover off and sand the flywheel magnets - take off the transformer pickup and sand the magnetic pickups ... Set the gap between flywheel ... Put it all back together and still have no spark! Doubt if I could SEE any of the black parts in behind gaps you can't get to. Most likely get pretty steamed with grim up to my shoulders for nothing. Nope - would DEFINITELY not be worth it! whistling

knucklehead

winking smiley
September 10, 2014 10:04PM
Aww come on ! You went all the way down to everything but the real POINT's to no spark . One nut, one compression washer, one gentle tap and tada 5/16 nut driver on shiny silver cover and there ya go. Intake, compression, power, exhaust . And repeat . Ya well then ya gotta deal will haulin fuel .... Better go electric !
September 10, 2014 11:48PM
POINTS!!!!

Good grief!!!!! 30+ year old motor!!!! POINTS!!!!

Well .... It's almost electric now ....

I could use you here Kurt! Doesn't pay much .,., hahaaaahh.

Gary
September 11, 2014 02:43PM
Yes if this high 30 deg at night temps keep happening , I'll wish I was there . It's the middle part I hate the most (acclamation ) give me a couple feet of snow and I'm ready but cold and no snow no good .
September 11, 2014 05:25PM
I'm with you there, Kurt. The middle seasons are the mud seasons, you can keep them!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021