Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Snapshot 2.8.15b

Snapshot 2.8.15b
February 09, 2015 04:45AM
image.jpg

Yes it is ....

Pc. of grinding wheel fragment that has been fused to my cornea for two days. Since the Snapshot of me grinding welds. Twice, a spark sneaked around my glasses. No amount of flushing with eye wash helped. Tonight, magnifying glass, strong light, and Kelly's Nikon pin pointed the problem. Kelly fled the kitchen when, with strong light, convex mirror, and very pointy toothpick, I simply dislodged the miserable thing and lifted it off my eye.

Pretty crude work actually, compared to the detail I cut when creating an engraved die. wink

Feels better already.

Pic of Kelly after I called her back in .... injured

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2015 04:48AM by barnespneumatic.
Sal
February 09, 2015 09:59AM
Oh my! I've had one of those but I ended up at the eye Dr. and left with a shot and an eye patch. Hope you recover without problems metal in the eye is not good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2015 10:00AM by Sal.
February 09, 2015 02:40PM
Yikes
Dodged a pellet there! When you leave them in too long they rust and then they have to drill your eye out ( the rust ). No fun , but the eye is a remarkable thing the speed at which they self repair .
February 09, 2015 03:41PM
Thanks Kurt and Sal,

Feels much better this am. I think it was a flake of the abrasive - and not metal. I didn't note any rust. I am aware that causes problem. I would not have self Dr'd if it were over the pupil. Course - I might not have seen it there. But it was near the edge of the iris.

I feared going to the Dr./ER at night. Spending a couple of grand, coming home in a body cast. stunned. You know my luck - there'd be another guy in there that just broke his hip .... Haha.

So; it's good and we're ready to rumble!! hot smiley

Gary
February 09, 2015 04:02PM
What, no superglue to close the wound?

Another thing that is amazing is, although almost microscopic, the nerves will make you think it's a dagger.

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2015 04:05PM by Bigbore.
February 09, 2015 10:00PM
Now Lon, I had a Super Glue remark all teed up . . . you beat me to it. wink

(And that "wink" smiley is quite appropriately used here.)

-- Jim
February 09, 2015 10:39PM
I needed ya Jim! wink

Hey - I always look six times and read the container to make sure my eye drops are NOT Super Glue!!! one-eyed

I'm good ... just a flesh wound .... bad dude

Gary
February 09, 2015 07:27PM
Yes dr'ing yourself is good and I even have a small magnet in my toolbox for easy steel removal . One good thing I like to keep on hand is gentamicin . An eyedrop antibotic that I'm lucky enough to have my Doc call in for me . I used to get a lot of sties in my eye due to excessive weld smoke and general dirty environment . But then if you try to wear goggles they fog up . Glad your looking good ( pun intended) . I really think your onto something with the Snapshot thing too . Thanks for sharing your day as always .
February 10, 2015 04:05AM
Gary,

Many of us can sympathies with you. No fun getting something on one's eye. Glad you were able to dislodge it before it rusted. I have had to remove debri from my dad's eyes before really not my thing, I can see why Kelly fled. Funny how things can still get past safety glasses. Shields are good but easily scratched and not a clear view.

I have been burnt by many a shaving over the years. Been fortunate rarely got things in my eye smiling smiley

Have a good one!

Pedro
February 10, 2015 04:50AM
Hi Peter,

Yeah - today I hid behind a face shield. Aprons against sparks, breathing filters, glasses for vison and protection, face shield for extra safety, hearing protection, air hoses, pneumatic foot treadle, lights, magnification .... All to do one operation. Then, fling it all off and move to another station for the next operation. It is Truely a marvel thatvwe ever complete anything.

thumbs up

Gary
February 12, 2015 08:00PM
If anyone ever invents a TRULY fogproof safety goggle, the line is going to be more than just around the block.
February 17, 2015 10:00PM
I would have helped out but it's probably a good thing I didn't have the chance to forget to put my glasses on!
February 18, 2015 02:00AM
YES!!!!!

I'd have needed double eye patches!!

Dr. Close Enough ..... Haha.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021